Movie World Maintenance 2019

themagician

On 05/04/2019 at 10:10 PM, Flynn_Smith said:

Dates were changed after it was closed. It was added onto a pre-existing maintenance period.

wait...

1. the original dates were JULY to SEPTEMBER
  2. they changed the dates AFTER it was closed.
  3. They added it onto some pre-existing maintenance period we have no evidence of
  4. You still think it was SCHEDULED.

Do you understand what "scheduled" means?

image.thumb.png.7c20eb987213ac108de4d3b3770336fa.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

wait...

1. the original dates were JULY to SEPTEMBER
  2. they changed the dates AFTER it was closed.
  3. They added it onto some pre-existing maintenance period we have no evidence of
  4. You still think it was SCHEDULED.

Do you understand what "scheduled" means?

image.thumb.png.7c20eb987213ac108de4d3b3770336fa.png

I'm surprised your still going on about it, given that it hasn't been mentioned for 3 days.. 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I didn't notice any broken load doors when I was there on Sunday? Scooby however just a joke... but that's a whole different story.

I still want to believe MW wanted to deliver a great re-theme but the timing of Village money issues and an empty SDSC forced MW to go with a second best mob or some would say a backyard mob.  Now the money has been spent I can’t see MW doing a do-over.

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

I didn't notice any broken load doors when I was there on Sunday? Scooby however just a joke... but that's a whole different story.

2 hours ago, Jordan M. said:

Had one broken gate (3) when I visited during the first week of the school holidays.

I was there on sunday as well went on it twice about 3:30 to 4:00 and yes it was still broken door number 3, the amount of people that stood there waiting for it to open despite an obvious traffic cone in front the door was amusing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rexillium said:

I was there on sunday as well went on it twice about 3:30 to 4:00 and yes it was still broken door number 3, the amount of people that stood there waiting for it to open despite an obvious traffic cone in front the door was amusing

People are very thick! 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Rivals said:

Arkham Asylum’s closing date for maintenance has been pushed back a month🤷‍♀️

The reopening date hasn't changed though... based on the first dates posted at the beginning of this thread, so instead of a 3 month downtime, it's only 2 months.

Meanwhile (again based on the starting dates shown at the beginning of the thread):

• Carousel has been extended by a week to 30 June
  • Green Lantern has also shortened by 3 weeks moving back from 22 July to 12 August.
  • Tweety cages were supposed to be down until 3 June, and that's been extended to 1 July
  • Dodgems were 5-19 August and are now 3 June to 24 November

I assume something in the current or recent maintenance has prompted a reshuffle, and they've probably put off some less critical tasks in AA and GL to shorten their maintenance periods. An original three month closure for Arkham seems excessive unless they had planned a big project like a repaint, or a full track inspection...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Would a detailed track inspection not be a regular annual maintenance task? (Serious question, I have no idea, but i would like to think it would be) 

A more detailed inspection involves x-ray like equipment that is passed over the entire track from a cherry picker to detect cracks in the track and welds. To my knowledge that is something that only gets carried out so many years, is a lengthy process and not one that is required so frequently.

• Like 3

Thanks Mickey! That's precisely what I was referring to by a 'full track inspection' - i just knew if i used a particular term or phrase i'd get it wrong... this is the type of inspection they performed on SeaScrewCorkViper which revealed the issues that lead to its ultimate closure.

Perhaps the shortening of the maintenance period is simply a reflection that the inspection won't take that long - maybe the contractor inspected the track and determined less time was needed?

Or perhaps another ride is in more need of the earlier downtime period - although looking at the current schedule, carousel and tweety cages are the only two that appear to have had their maintenance extended, and i can't really see smaller flats like that impacting what was forecast for such a major coaster.

I don't think you would need to go so deep with inspections for every bit of track. The high speed, high load/force sections would probably be crack tested and inspected like that, but every other bit of track is pretty much like the frame in your house. It's not expected to suffer enough fatigue to cause failure, so a visual inspection is all that's probably needed, then take it further if you find something while looking.

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

• rappa locked this topic