Movie World Maintenance 2019

themagician

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Don't get me wrong, i'm loving his engagement with the theme park community, its something we've needed for a long time, but don't over promise and under deliver, and NEVER rubbish a former colleague in public.

He engages with 1 small community because he couldn't handle real questions from people who aren't willing to kiss the butt.ย  ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

@Ash come on... quoting TPSN as a source?

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

ย 

Bikash is an arrogant blowhard - he said SDSC would be world class, and in the words of @T-bone its a steaming pile of shit. I'm taking everything Big Gash says with a few kilos of salt until he produces something concrete to back it up.

What's not to love about this comment.. "Big Gash" - lol, GOLD๐Ÿ˜Š

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MickeyD said:

As much as so many of you hate AA, the ride is stillย actually a prominent favourite for manyย of it's Riders.ย 

Without question MW will replace AA someday - that's surelyย inevitableย as the Park grows. But it's not one that will happen any time soon as there's plenty more work to do elsewhere, most of you already know that ๐Ÿ˜ย 

It's the only ride at Movie World where you can actually feel totally immersed in a movie-like experience.ย 

I'd hope they have something to replace that before getting rid of it!

14 minutes ago, T-bone said:

We must be thinking of different rides Push, AAโ€™s theming is not movie like nor an immersive experience. The park had many better themed and immersive rides than it.ย 

Well ok, not a movie as suchย  but more like cartoon characters maybe, but it is most definitely immersive! I actually feel like I'm in the Arkham Asylum movie (or cartoon) when I'm on the ride.ย 

7 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Wild West Falls and SDSC are much more immsersive.

Hardly!ย 

^ A relatively simple VR Headset is a fun gimmick but hardlyย makes a ride "immersive" - Aย phrase that'sย all but owned by Disney, we really don't presently have a ride in Australia that fits that bill!ย 

WWF, SDSC and JL could all reach Universal standard for a modest few million - about as close to "immersive" as we're gunnaย get. After the recent down-grade of SDSC, it's pretty doubtful we will see that happen any time soon.

The other Dark Horse, DW's SV could become our most immersive ride experience yet,ย assumingย theyย ever get the thing open.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a very slightly different note, I've been thinking lately thatย the building at the front of Movie Worldย  (wasย  Stars Bar, and more recently a discount merchandise shop) would be fantastic if they lease it to a good quality, reasonably priced restaurant franchise.

One of my favorites which I think would be very popular with guests is Schnitz (a good range of schnitzels with chips or salad).

Something like that would actually persuade me to have lunch at the park quite often. I'm sure I'm not the only one!ย 

Currently the dining options are limited and not all that tempting when compared to what's available outside the park. The building is sitting there unused, so what's to lose by giving this a shot?

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

The building is sitting there unused, so what's to lose by giving this a shot?

What's to lose?

A schnitzel on a plate with chips at Schnitz is $10.90. A Schnitzel wrap or roll is $9.90. A kids meal is $8 or $9 which includes a drink.

A hunger buster deal with a meal and a snack is $20.

I can't seem to find the specifics, so not able to determine if drinks are included, and what sort of meals you're eligible for, but a franchise like Schnitz is basically half the price (or at least a similar price) of other in-park outlets - which would take money away from the park-run outlets, ultimately meaning less money in the parks pocket. Not really the smartest business decision, which is probably why nobody has come up with the idea...

SW and WNW used to have a Dominos outlet, both of which I believe have since been removed or replaced. That said, neither outlet offered a better product, and they cost about the same too.

Should they charge more because they're in park? They could, and VRTP could skim off the top too - but ultimately they'll only hurt their other businesses as part of the profit doesn't stay in-park. Then you've got to deal with external contract staff, or buy the franchise yourself and employee your own staff. Either way its a costly idea, and they could just as easily convert the building into their own outlet without needing to have a 'brand' in park.

Additionally, i believe a lot of the kitchen space in there is used to prep for AOS, which would require either a compromise on kitchen facilities, or a relocation of the current facilities, both of which are inconvenient and costly.

It's a no from... well... anyone living in the real world.

• rappa locked this topic