Movie World Maintenance 2019

themagician

During one of the extended maintenance periods before the TRR incident, I had a chat with a Dreamworld employee  (not a senior one but he still seemed like he was being genuine in what he told me, and certainly had no reason to make stuff up).

He said WWF was closed for so long because "the ride experience is being completely transformed into something revolutionary"!

When it did, numerous things that had worked quite well previously no longer did. 

It certainly does have a lot of potential though. 

11 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I think push is referring to the fact that the geysers have been completely empty holes with exposed piping for the last few months, regardless of the fact that the ride has gone in and out of maintenance. Much of the audio is out of time, and many effects in the old town portion of the ride aren't working.

I was pretty clearly referencing the last line there in regards to the extended downtime, which Wild West Falls went through post Thunder River Rapids incident. Suffice to say, most of the changes during that extended downtime aren't guest-facing and were in light of the incident, hence why @pushbutton would be confused.

Agreed though, West is in desperate need of love - now that Scooby has been defiled changed, West is easily the front-runner for the country's best themed ride.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2019 at 10:23 AM, red dragin said:

Yeah, none of them ever seemed super excited to be rostered on that ride

AMEN! The only ride that I think was worse was either Taz Cars or Sam Train (those damn ropes gave you rope burn... and it was a cow to park when it was fully loaded and the extra carriage on it)

On 17/08/2019 at 11:22 PM, Baconjack said:

Kids area needs a refurb. Give it all a new coat of paint and some theming updates with the same IP in mind. They havent added all that much in 20 years. It all looks so old now, in desperate need of a refresh.

+1 to this.

Visited on the weekend with my 3 year old.

The increased height requirement on RRRC to 110cm (when every other Vekoma Junior in the world is 90 +/- means he isn't tall enough yet.

Closed:

• Carousel
  • Tweety Cages
  • Sam Train

Open:

• Driving School
  • Speedy Taxis
  • Pounce n Bounce
  • (RRRC)

Removed since open:

• Marvin Rocket
  • Taz Cars

So the kids area was, at best, underwhelming. I'd go so far as to say disappointing. I know its the off season, and all rides need maintenance, but to have so many of the kids attractions closed is really poor form. We knew of the closures before we went, so we went in eyes open, but its still shitty. 2 driving attractions (one of which is woeful for capacity), and a low capacity ride that is quite daunting for the smaller kids, plus a coaster that really shouldn't be 110cm.

I mean: he can't ride this:

image.thumb.png.360eab88d3a67a84a3a18c752bdf234d.png

but he can ride these:

image.thumb.png.2b36fb4b6cbf1001a3be7b4740820c3e.pngimage.thumb.png.90dce49168942be8fd4a0901c33d5c14.png

Movie world needs to lift their game in WB Kids. Dreamworld has 2 kids areas and so does WhiteWaterWorld, and here, Movie World is struggling to have enough to count...

• Like 5

• rappa locked this topic