Movie World Maintenance 2019

themagician

On 17/08/2019 at 11:22 PM, Baconjack said:

Kids area needs a refurb. Give it all a new coat of paint and some theming updates with the same IP in mind. They havent added all that much in 20 years. It all looks so old now, in desperate need of a refresh.

100000% agreed. Hopefully after the New Atlantis at Seaworld, this is the next major capex project. Hopefully we see the land rethemed with a new, more up to date IP, and anchored by a new major dark ride that fills the hole that LTRR left.

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

It's because they are treating all 3 parks as 1 park and it's getting Village into trouble waters.

^What Skeeta said. Since the introduction of the $99 (3 park) annual passes in 2009, VRTPs stopped treating MW, SW & WnW as standalone parks, but instead 1 park, over 3 locations. Movieworld became the park for thrillseekers teenagers and adults, Seaworld catered towards the families, elderly, young children, international tourists, and Wet'n'Wild........stayed the waterpark.

If you go back before 2009, you'll notice each park (individually) had attraction mixes that were more balanced. Families with young children would have enjoyed MW just as much as SW. These days, if it wasn't for the still very reasonably priced multi-park passes, families with young kids wouldn't bother visiting/buying passes to MW. Same with a group of young adults; they wouldn't bother to visit Seaworld, because movieworld has everything they need.

My hope with The New Atlantis, is that VRTPs are starting to build each park back up into a well-rounded standalone themepark. Similar to how it was prior to 2009.

Fun Fact: Found the prices for an Adult 3 park annual pass back in 2008 using wayback machine = $289 online. adjusted for inflation is $356. Currently locals can get a VRTP annual pass for $149. crazy.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 3

I remember when it was "do you want to go to SW or MW" because both offered a decent mix of rides that catered to everyone. I took my nephew to SW a couple days ago and he loved it because of the parks focus on families. When I took him to MW about a month ago. We left pretty early because the rides weren't that rideable for a 118cm 7 year old and he was afraid of the roaming characters.

Yep, if we go as a family (mum, dad, Mr 8, Miss 2) then Nanna comes along.

At MW nanna takes the kids and my wife and I hit the rides.

At SW we do the shows and other kids stuff (I sneak off to ride Jet Rescue). 

Would be good to see each park with a better blend of rides and attractions. Hopefully the increased prices and possible impending coaster at Dreamworld make them act. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All of the Villains area is closed

96A674CB-4B59-4132-B97C-5FF095DD5382.thumb.jpeg.f5419559843e34bad4bc6c91a52966d1.jpeg

0F56F13C-4A30-4A14-8BD5-33F2246A29B3.thumb.jpeg.636455b8a8d177bc3f1be4d47591fcf4.jpeg

GL is fenced off

F7B7643A-1979-45CD-B288-3671EEB0A1FF.thumb.jpeg.e765648a88a2384a53325ea80a3f08b7.jpeg

And the splash pad has been removed

19AB07E3-632C-423A-8A55-84CE69E6C0E2.thumb.jpeg.4294a564f80f5d2badb7615605d0b28c.jpeg

Just a thought, but maybe they have permanently closed the splash pad to construct a photo op for Tom and Jerry. It is however supposed to reopen at the end of the month, but considering the entire thing has been removed (and VRTP repetition for scheduling maintenance and then just closing the ride), it could be possible 

• Like 1

On 19/08/2019 at 9:35 AM, Skeeta said:

MW's kid zone has been sucking lemons for a very long time but still MW do nothing.   Skeet is willing to say if MW had a great kid’s area you wouldn't need DW and I'm also starting to believe Village don't want MW and SW competing.  

Is that why they're building the new rides at Sea World? 

Villains area was closed on Sunday when I went. With DD, WWF & Dodgems not operational, was sad to see the GP walk down the path expecting to see something open, only to walk back disappointed. 

In other news I saw the LEGO movie 4D for the first time.. & it’s terrible! Not sure if some effects weren’t working, but no water effects in the movie (only leg tickler). Hardly any movement in the seats, was sat stationary for 2-3 minutes in some parts of it. Not great. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2019 at 3:36 PM, themagician said:

Just a thought, but maybe they have permanently closed the splash pad to construct a photo op for Tom and Jerry. It is however supposed to reopen at the end of the month, but considering the entire thing has been removed (and VRTP repetition for scheduling maintenance and then just closing the ride), it could be possible 

This is the level of effort put into the Tom and Jerry meet and greet area.  😂😂

62A68CB5-C355-4340-849C-9EF01E0B41E4.thumb.jpeg.6347cf8ce727c38f78c2d5058980ce4a.jpeg

What on earth are Village doing? Tom and Jerry meet and greet area is a joke and now they remove the main structure to the splash pad. I swear dreamworld are making a lot better decisions now. I am now very worried what has happened to Wild West Falls after its long maintenance period

Edited by Sarahscott

• rappa locked this topic