Movie World Maintenance 2019

themagician

16 minutes ago, themagician said:

The water tower has indeed returned

IMG_0199.thumb.jpg.4ae816520ed841e53ddbd3996cbdbbb4.jpg

And some refurbishment works are happening out the front of the park, with the concrete being replaced. Good to see they've invested in some new graphics to put on the fence

IMG_0192.thumb.jpg.e48f13ecc2e8bd00b072d1fd7220802b.jpg

That shade is due for a good pressure washing. 🍻

• Like 1

Also, today I went on WWF for the first time in over a year... and it was a bit disappointing in regards to the working effects. 

I really wish they brought back or incorporated new effects at the start of the ride. But for the rest, the screen in the first room wasn’t on (and I don’t think it has for years) the whole. None of the fountain/spray effects were working in the first area. The water was drained and leaves and dirt was heavily gathering on the area. The train sound effect wasn’t on. No smoke coming from the tents area. The population sign didn’t change. And some of the swinging doors in the town weren’t moving either.

And since they’ve added in the additional concrete to the bottom of the flume, the ride has become very bumpy/rough and at times, uncomfortable. Such a shame. 

That is now two of the parks best rides (Scooby being the other) have lost there charm and key elements that made the rides so great 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, themagician said:

The water was drained and leaves and dirt was heavily gathering on the area. The train sound effect wasn’t on. No smoke coming from the tents area. The population sign didn’t change. And some of the swinging doors in the town weren’t moving either.

That is now two of the parks best rides (Scooby being the other) have lost there charm and key elements that made the rides so great 

Thanks @themagician for the update. The leaves and gathered dirt has been like that for years now and that's a big gripe of mine, having worked that ride waaaaay back when it first opened. I hate seeing it like this and there is no excuse for it. 

In the olden days there were condition reports and maintenance requests that were reported by the Ride Supervisor and signed off by Maintenance looking after the Attraction. Every ride would be experienced at least once every day. Damaged and inoperative elements would be categorized (1, 2 or 3) based on how critical the problem and would be continually reported until fixed. The Department Manager would follow up any long standing issues to put pressure on, where necessary. 

Clearly none of this happens anymore😒

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themagician said:

@MickeyD since you worked with the ride when it first opened, do you remember what the pre-show was and when they stopped it?

The Video ran for barely a couple of minutes and was hosted by an Actor that I believe is the same Actor as  the Miner you see in Lift 2 ("What y'all doin in here! (fires rifle), Damn it look what you made me do " etc..). It's also the same voice "y'all take care out there on the River" before you board..

He is standing in a street of a Ghost Town set (probably from WB's in Burbank). He tells you that you're about to enter a real Ghost town film set used in famous Western films - like the one he is standing in - and to take care because it's Haunted. He then turns and begins walking down the street and vanishes, suggesting he is a Ghost..

The Preshow video was not as bad as Lethal Weapon but still was pretty bad. It also didn't make sense with Crowd flow as People would always just line up at the doors either side and it was hard to corralle them in and shut the door behind them.  Also People would often force the Automatic doors open and continually break them.

The pre Video and entire ride never had anything to do with the Wild Wild West Will Smith film, thankfully so too because that flick was a stinker!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I see Arkham is down again for planned maintenance as of today with no end date. It has had several lengthy down periods this year. Anyone know what they’re doing to it? 

maybe it’s time to retire the old girl. I’m going on sat and was hoping to ride it after it’s maintenance period as that’s when I find it’s smoothest and not rough as guts.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brendo88 said:

I see Arkham is down again for planned maintenance as of today with no end date. It has had several lengthy down periods this year. Anyone know what they’re doing to it? 

maybe it’s time to retire the old girl. I’m going on sat and was hoping to ride it after it’s maintenance period as that’s when I find it’s smoothest and not rough as guts.  

she was open on tuesday and was running fine.

It was down for planned maintenance 11-21 October so this is new hopefully it’s not serious and they are able to get Arkham opened again at some point these school holidays at least for a final ride if she is getting close to her retirement. I was hoping she had a few more years Only time will tell

Arkham has its 25th birthday on Boxing Day 2020. If MW are to close it, being proactive is always better than reactive and can give good lead time for its closure, allowing last rides.

I don't think it will close for another 3-5 years though seeing as it looks to be pretty well maintained, although, anyone know when the lift hill chain needs to be replaced next?

1 hour ago, Naazon said:

I don't think it will close for another 3-5 years though seeing as it looks to be pretty well maintained, although, anyone know when the lift hill chain needs to be replaced next?

It failed back in January 2017, but no idea of the lifespan of the chain.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4108046/Dozens-stuck-Arkham-Asylum-roller-coaster-Movie-World-Gold-Coast.html

5 hours ago, red dragin said:

The chain has been replaced twice since that incident. Chains aren't exactly the most expensive in terms of maintenance costs though.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Naazon said:

Arkham has its 25th birthday on Boxing Day 2020. If MW are to close it, being proactive is always better than reactive and can give good lead time for its closure, allowing last rides.

I hope we have another 3-5 years as well, but movie world won’t run it well past being reliable like tower of terror (dreamworld). 

Hopefully we find out soon when it’s coming out of maintenance or not 

12 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

information on movie worlds website

Is THAT where you find this stuff?

Wow. And all this time, i've been trawling the Parkz forums waiting for someone to upload the latest maintenance dates in a screenshot... this is going to save me literal seconds!

55 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Is THAT where you find this stuff?

Wow. And all this time, i've been trawling the Parkz forums waiting for someone to upload the latest maintenance dates in a screenshot... this is going to save me literal seconds!

Yeah I was meant to delete that when I edited it and attached screenshot 

• rappa locked this topic