Movie World Maintenance 2019

themagician

Where did i say you dont inspect it? I said you would inspect the track yearly. That means getting in a boom and getting up and close with it. Thats not crack testing though. Big difference. High speed/high load sections, youd crack test yearly regardless of if it passes a visual inspection or not. 

2 hours ago, themagician said:

@Brad2912 I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been entirely removed, because I was there the other day and I’m pretty sure just to the right of your image is another detonator that’s on an angle and higher up

Nope... only thing to my right was the crate with the little smoke machine that used to go off after every turn. 

If I missed it then everyone else in a packed park did too, as I was in the area for a good 20mins and not once did anyone find or use it if so. 

Have been on superman and Wild West today after there  maintenance superman running well water effect on stairs section still not working. Wild West looks great but when you get to back of ride all water sprouts where you turn around not working all the wire and cables have been pulled out just sitting there will get a photo also the sign that changes when grave comes up is broken and photos not working at the moment.

Scooby doo ride all video screen before lift either frozen or not working, also too bright throughout  especially where the axes swing. Disco room no lasers, video at end of ride working. Scooby shop closed so no photos on that.

A75BFB6B-AE73-4785-B373-091104964CE4.jpeg

F441B279-1C91-4F5C-8ABA-03A8014C7C18.jpeg

• Like 5

Forgot to mention how lacklustre my first ride on SDSC in over 2 years was on this weekend just gone. Was also my son’s first ever ride on it (6 years old). 

The new sets in the pre-lift section were decent enough but lighting was rubbish. The screens all worked including the lift displaying the MS paint level graphics well.. 

but after the reverse drop and mirror room - nothing, no a single laser, smoke, music, nothing. 

So disappointing. 

7 hours ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Have been on superman and Wild West today after there  maintenance superman running well water effect on stairs section still not working. Wild West looks great but when you get to back of ride all water sprouts where you turn around not working all the wire and cables have been pulled out just sitting there will get a photo also the sign that changes when grave comes up is broken and photos not working at the moment.

Scooby doo ride all video screen before lift either frozen or not working, also too bright throughout  especially where the axes swing. Disco room no lasers, video at end of ride working. Scooby shop closed so no photos on that.

A75BFB6B-AE73-4785-B373-091104964CE4.jpeg

F441B279-1C91-4F5C-8ABA-03A8014C7C18.jpeg

I was there today too. All videos/screens were working when I rode Scooby three times today, as well as lighting on the last larger forward facing drop. Maybe you just had some unlucky rides? 

Noted the same same if you about superman water on the stairs and the missing water pool/ geiser effect inn wwf. 

Was a a nice day to visit. Great weather and all rides pretty much walk on most of the day!  

I went on Scooby doo coaster again today most video screens working but the lift has been changed since Wednesday instead of tvs on lift being on front and left they are now front and right but video played the animation before lift started moving don’t know why they changed side of tv screens.  

Superman hasn’t open today as they are having technical problems at the moment will post if it does open

20 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

I went on Scooby doo coaster again today most video screens working but the lift has been changed since Wednesday instead of tvs on lift being on front and left they are now front and right but video played the animation before lift started moving don’t know why they changed side of tv screens.  

Weren’t they always like that? I thought they were on opposite sides depending on what lift you were in of the 2 lifts. 

2 minutes ago, Brendo88 said:

Weren’t they always like that? I thought they were on opposite sides depending on what lift you were in of the 2 lifts. 

I'd say @Rabbit2014 isn't aware it is a funicular style setup.

There are two carriages (lifts) on each end of one cable. Removes the need for a counter weight as the empty carriage replaces it.

One lift is guided by a track on one side, the other by the track on the opposite side, creating the tilting effect as each carriage passes the other.

21 minutes ago, red dragin said:

I'd say @Rabbit2014 isn't aware it is a funicular style setup.

There are two carriages (lifts) on each end of one cable. Removes the need for a counter weight as the empty carriage replaces it.

One lift is guided by a track on one side, the other by the track on the opposite side, creating the tilting effect as each carriage passes the other.

Ok even know I have ridden it a few times that was first time I got the other lift now I know. 

Superman opened lunch time.

also the Wild West falls didn’t get a photo but a few boats have paint missing on back of boat like its rotting away shame that they didnt give the boats a clean up during there maintance period 

@Ash come on... quoting TPSN as a source?

Bikash is an arrogant blowhard - he said SDSC would be world class, and in the words of @T-bone its a steaming pile of shit. I'm taking everything Big Gash says with a few kilos of salt until he produces something concrete to back it up.

Don't get me wrong, i'm loving his engagement with the theme park community, its something we've needed for a long time, but don't over promise and under deliver, and NEVER rubbish a former colleague in public.

• Like 3

• rappa locked this topic