Wet 'n' Wild GC Park Map Updated

themagician

WnW have updated their park map to fit the new style VRTP have gone with. This style has had issues before, but I think WnW's is definitely the worst yet. All the dark colours make it difficult to make out what the attractions are and how to get to them. You wouldn't even know Surfrider existed based off this. They have however now removed Mach 5 and WnW Buggy from the map.

999508582_ScreenShot2019-01-30at12_08_48pm.thumb.png.6aeeb5d0a7139beec9ca2737a81c201b.png

Interestingly though, when you click Download Map, it comes up with the old style of map, which too has been updated to removed Mach 5 and WnW Buggy. And of the two styles, the old one is still the one I prefer much more.

wnwd1901062_parkmap_pdf.thumb.jpg.47c11cd4b25f041b7095f0a11facc387.jpg

• Like 1

The new map certainly looks more vibrant and appealing and like a modern park. The old one looks like it’s been plucked from the early 90s.

neither are particularly accurate in terms of features... is Surf Rider on the new one at all? Is it a sign it’s not staying around? However on the old one Surfrider is made to looks like it’s as tall if not taller than the slide towers 

neither great, but the new one is an improvement imo...

Why are they doubling down on a clearly flawed design aesthetic that literally no one else in the industry uses? This map, like the other new VRTP maps, fail at the one thing it should do well - being a map. As an example - give both maps to a mate and see how long it takes them to get from say the exit of Constrictor to the entrance of Black Hole and you'll see the difference.

Like deadset, why did no one at VRTP take onboard the dozens upon dozens of complaints about why 1:1 scale maps are a terribly flawed idea? Don't even get me started on why back of house areas shown on public-facing maps - it's just so ill-conceived for so many reasons.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Slick said:

Don't even get me started on why back of house areas shown on public-facing maps - it's just so ill-conceived for so many reasons.

The only reasoning I can think of for this is if people a building from a ride and wonder what it is they can look at the map?

But at the same time... no. Just no.