Quick February Dreamworld video update

2 hours ago, Ash said:

The fact that the party is looking dates, SV is delayed.  I remember going on the TOT when it first was built the whole place was thriving. Nowadays not so much

If you don't think Dreamworld is thriving, I'd suggest you can't have been lately. It's pumping. Much better atmosphere than any other theme park in Australia, that's for sure!

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

If you don't think Dreamworld is thriving, I'd suggest you can't have been lately. It's pumping. Much better atmosphere than any other theme park in Australia, that's for sure!

Sorry push but you are very wrong. Apart from the climax of the peak period, Dreamworld has been dead. This weekend, all lines were walk on including tower of terror. On Australia Day the park was the quietest I’ve ever seen it and over the many times I’ve been during summer, only one day was the park ‘busy’.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You guys think it's thriving? I have both passes and can assure you Dreamworld is a ghost town. My 4 year old son would rather go to Movie world than there. I live 5 mins away and pass it 3-4 times a day. I personally believe it's the end for the park, SV can't bring it back, a decent coaster maybe, but I believe this ride was the wrong move.

Couldn’t agree more, the problem is that it appears Ardent don’t have the people in decision making/overall strategy positions with any theme park nous whatsoever. 

I don’t think they have the knowhow or the actual desire to commit the funds to do what it will take to turn it around. 

On 16/02/2019 at 7:56 PM, pushbutton said:

Not everyone likes coasters as much as some do!

That's true... they're called the minority of the theme park going public though... so there's little merit catering to them if you're trying to improve your attendance, revenue, or popularity.

• Like 1

Say all you want about coasters but if it wasn't for adding The Great American Scream Machine two years after a death from another coaster we wouldn't have Six Flags Great Adventure. They are a proven way to draw people back to a park after a major incident. Having someone run the park who has a clue as to what the fuck they are doing also helps things.

• Like 3

The issue is, something printed and laminated is done by a supervisor the morning of, when a staff member calls out for their shift.

An A-frame is when the sign writer has a chance to mock one up (usually overnight if needed).

The custom printed graphics unique to each ride, the full-height AP wall prints, the chain suspending it from the roof - that is a lot more permanent.

:(

The Wipeout stores I understand the removal, they’ve never seemed to be anything exciting and never looked permanent. So I’m happy to see them go.

Definite shame about the Buzz Saw store as that building fit well into the areas theme. Hopefully they don’t knock it down as that will make that area feel even less of a themed area. 

And at least they’ve put a wrap on the construction wall, rather than leaving it blank and an eye sore