Dreamworld reduces operating hours

themagician

14 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I think it should be pointed out that we have found out recently that SkyVoyager was never built to "save the park" as you say @joz. A ParkChatLive interview early last month with DW's COO revealed they had planned SkyVoyager 3 months prior to the Thunder River Rapids incident occurring

CEO is stretching the truth.  DW only went with Brogent after the accident.   DW were known to be overseas trying cheap simulators before the Brogent simulator presented itself.   If it wasn't for the accident DW installation would've been cheap and nasty. 

Before the accident when was the time Ardent dropped this amount of money on one ride?  NEVER!  and they weren’t going to start with this ride.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

Dunno about the rest of them, but i'm glad someone else is around to call out the bullshit. I've been working overtime while you've been sunning yourself...

I'm in shock you opened your wallet and Crewed up again.   Last I knew, you had an onion wallet that made you cry when you opened it.😋

2 hours ago, T-bone said:

Parkway was closed the other day when we were visiting the park, assumed it was a cost cutting feature for mid-week, never thought it was closing for good. A shame really, the Parkway served much nicer quality theme park food than what was served inside the park. 

Parkway is not closing for good.

Ohh that sucks had a feeling this might of been on the cards for parkway for a while now.

Every couple months I'll go and have a few flow rider sessions, go grab a new lego set

(Star wars of course)

grab a burger from parkway on the way out and that's pretty much been my dreamworld routine over the last two years

I must admit Parkway is probably the outlet I'd close first. Even when the park is busy the place is deserted. Think the whole place was really poorly conceived to be honest. Utterly charmless in an inconvenient location with uninspired menu. Not bad, just uninspired. Think it might've worked better as more retail space or a proper restaurant but a fast food eatery with all the charm of a particularly boring truck stop.

Edited by joz
  • Like 4

Sometimes I get the feeling Dreamworld is not long for this world and it angers me.

Sell the fucking park already instead of trying to find ways to turn it around by cutting opening hours. Your signs of struggle are incredibly obvious and it is also very clear Ardent should have tried to make efforts to sell the park while it was of reasonable value when they were selling off AMF Bowling last year. 

We'll be seeing a Defunctland or Abandoned episode on this park if you keep going down this path.

• Like 4

Dreamworld has updated their website, and aside from tragic push backs on the train (now closed till May), the company has once again reviewed their opening hours. This time, changes to WWW opening hours in weekends has now been reversed and is back to 10-5. Weekdays is still 11-4.

why are waterslides now open longer than some thrill rides...

i wonder if WWW will still fully close in winter.

Edited by themeparkaddict