<Park Name> Maintenance 2019-2035

DaptoFunlandGuy

<Park Name> Maintenance 2019-2035  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is the current trend of maintenance updates on Parkz actually worthwhile?

• Yes - I like having a record of every date change the park makes
    • No - I really don't see the value
    • It depends - major downtime that doesn't appear to be normal deserves its own topic, but the rest is just regular maintenance that changes from time to time. If I want to get that info i'll check the park's website when I need it.

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the "2019 maintenance" or "2019 updates" or similar.

Richard has previously outlined a desire to minimise megathreads. Obviously, maintenance updates tend to be a middle ground between off topic chit chat, and topical discussion, especially in today's world where some parks update their maintenance page almost hourly, and extend maintenance periods almost arbitrarily without explanation.

Do threads that are mostly made up of website screenshots, that go on for 12 month periods actually contribute value? Or would it be better for maintenance that appears to be outside of routine having its own thread for each ride that applies?

ie: Wipeout's ongoing issues would be well to do to have a thread about the uptime, and the downtime, the changed load requirements and so on, but posting an update about gingy's glider's being closed for a 7 day maintenance period isn't really news worthy.

Is this really what we want, posted every time a date changes???

image.thumb.png.dc969e31b5271a86155b46c51ff56f0b.png

10 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the "2019 maintenance" or "2019 updates" or similar.

Richard has previously outlined a desire to minimise megathreads. Obviously, maintenance updates tend to be a middle ground between off topic chit chat, and topical discussion, especially in today's world where some parks update their maintenance page almost hourly, and extend maintenance periods almost arbitrarily without explanation.

Do threads that are mostly made up of website screenshots, that go on for 12 month periods actually contribute value? Or would it be better for maintenance that appears to be outside of routine having its own thread for each ride that applies?

ie: Wipeout's ongoing issues would be well to do to have a thread about the uptime, and the downtime, the changed load requirements and so on, but posting an update about gingy's glider's being closed for a 7 day maintenance period isn't really news worthy.

Is this really what we want, posted every time a date changes???

image.thumb.png.dc969e31b5271a86155b46c51ff56f0b.png

i genuinely don't mind it

• Like 2

@AlexB I find it 100% impossible to find something you want to quote. 

I also don't know why somebody would want to cut & paste a downtime if they have nothing to say about it.

13 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

1B56032A-D6B7-487F-BDCB-66A251A0B2D3.jpeg

(Why are you telling me this?  It might surprise people but I have the internet too).

If the post was made like this, I would be fine with it.

13 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

1B56032A-D6B7-487F-BDCB-66A251A0B2D3.jpeg

Can you believe it, TOT is down again? 

I wish DW would straighten their shirt out because TOT is the very best of the bestest best rides ever.

Edited by Skeeta
I forget a comma and didn't want detention.

Definitely worth considering that our parks have gone through what Craig Davidson (former CEO of Dreamworld Ardent Leisure Theme Parks & Attractions Division) would describe roughly as a "once in... history sort of thing." There's been more rides down for extended periods of time from both Village & Ardent than any other time previously. Suffice to say, once when Sidewinder pops out of unexpected, extended annual maintenance, I think that'll be the last of this frustrating out of the blue maintenance.

With that in mind, there's probably not enough to justify specific ride threads about maintenance, but maybe "just" enough for a pinned thread about Movie World & Dreamworld with the rest lopped into a general maintenance thread.

At the end of the day, i'd just like the parks to be accountable - the days where you get to do dodgy stuff and think no one's watching are over.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Slick said:

Suffice to say, once when Sidewinder pops out of unexpected, extended annual maintenance, I think that'll be the last of this frustrating out of the blue maintenance.

I wish I was as positive as you.  I currently see DW on the edge of a cliff and hanging on by it's fingernails.