Movie World DC Hypercoaster plus sized harness fit?

Immisa

We are headed back to the Gold Coast in two weeks. We were there last September, I am pretty darn fat, but I was able to fit in every ride at all the theme parks (with some squishing from the attendants) except for The Claw at Dreamworld, but I didn’t test the actual ride, just the tester seat.

The Scooby Doo coaster was closed when we went, so was the Doomsday Destroyer, so I didn’t get to try those. I have a feeling I won’t fit on the Scooby doo, but I’ll give it a go. The Hypercoaster was closed when we were there too- much to our disappointment, so I have no idea how I’ll go on that one.

Has anyone who hasn’t fit on the Claw fit on the Hypercoaster? Any other experiences?

How did you go with Green Lantern? My wife just made it on that last time, but failed Hypercoaster. 

Hypercoaster is dependent on your belly, backside & hips. The harness goes around your middle in a C like shaped when viewed from above, and the seat is shaped in similar style but in the reverse to have them overlap. 

As Brad said, try the test seat. I found it is a little conservative based on my shape, I just fail on the test seat but have no issue on the actual ride.

If you can't get a green light, hop off, pull the seat down and measure the gap on the side using someone's hand to judge where it goes green. Then hop back in and see how far off you are. Try a few different options, wiggling back as much as possible. If you pass that step, enjoy the queue and the looks on the faces of the passengers on the returning train. 

Once you are on, ultimately the hydraulics need to hold the harness down. Don't connect the belt, the staff will do it if you can't reach it. If it won't stay down by itself without the belt, you can't ride. They are really polite about it if it won't lock. 

Edited by red dragin

Claw actually had new seatbelts fitted a while back, and they are shorter than they used to be. I used to be able to ride just fine and now cannot get the seatbelt on despite not changing weight or where i carry it.

Rivals is close, but i do get it locked - the operators will try what they can to get it to lock without compromising the ride safety - they encouraged me to grab the harness with both hands, and to try to lift myself out of the seat (which pulls everything together) - for a successful lock down. Doomsday was a similar, but looser, fit.

Scooby is tricky - if you have a gut, but still reasonably slim across the hips, make sure scooby's bar sits under the belly roll and you'll be fine - it all comes down to where you carry it, rather than exactly how much you weigh.

With the hypercoaster the harness may lock and the seatbelt can be done up, but it doesn't always mean the train will dispatch. I have ridden before and it's all locked but they have to push down on the harness a bit to get it to detect it's locked. With Scooby I would always recommend if your on the larger side to sit in the back seat as there is more leg room so it's easier to manoeuvre in a way to have the harness lock safely (little tip I learnt when working there). 

Ever since they changed the seatbelts on The Claw and the Giant Drop I have been unable to ride as they are significantly shorter than what they used to be for whatever reason.

Thank god im not the only one... 

i didn’t know wtf was going on last time I rode on The Claw (first time in well over 12 months). I know I haven’t put on weight, and whilst I’m not the smallest bloke I wouldn’t call myself overly big, but I struggled to do it up. 

Good to know it’s a change in their end and my scales are not broken, nor is my mirror lying to me 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Not sure how something less restrictive could be considered more uncomfortable? 

While i'm sure it doesn't apply to everybody, this style of harness does put an incredible amount of force against the position many women have caesarean scars - which apparently hurts a lot according to two i've spoken to - especially over the airtime hills...

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

While i'm sure it doesn't apply to everybody, this style of harness does put an incredible amount of force against the position many women have caesarean scars - which apparently hurts a lot according to two i've spoken to - especially over the airtime hills...

Thanks for the information @AlexB. Both of our kids "came out through the sunroof", will warn the wife when she finally can get on. 

• Like 1