One product/service you would like at our theme parks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Skeeta said:

There ain't even Dr Pepper

Oh the one that most Aussie's hate?

Our Parks need to move with the times and offer more unique food & beverage options. Stuff you can't get any where else.

What about more hydrating options at Stations like Soda waters with lime /lemon juice, electrolyte drinks and those fuze ice teas?

People are turning away from sugar and diet fizzy drinks in droves nowadays. Not to mention they're under $2 for a big bottle of the shit at any local Supermarket - hardly the special treat they once were.

A hot Summer's day at a GC Park can be thirsty work. To cool down/hydrate, more water and electrolyte products should be available.

To get People to open there wallets a little wider they only need look at overseas Park's, local venues like Eat Street and practically any weekend Market to see what is currently selling in buckets.. It's comparetively healthy, cheap to make, sells for $8 a huge cup, tastes great and it ain't Soft Drink!

Edited by MickeyD

I think a small detail that Dreamworld needs to work on is operations. After all these extra safety precautions have been put in place, ops have really taken a hit in my opinion. Staff are always very friendly at DW though. 

Village seems to be the opposite, great operations but pretty average staff interactions.

Parks should really be getting on to in park WIFI as well, it's 2019! Also, apps should show ride waits as well, can't believe the parks haven't taken advantage of modern technology in everyone's pockets yet.

Edited by ejpdtd

3 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

Village seems to be the opposite, great operations

Really? load stations have to be completely empty of the previous riders before new ones are permitted in, and in some cases, riders aren't even grouped until after the load station is empty. VRTP has long been criticised of their long cycle times, so I don't think we can agree on them having 'great operations'.

And that isn't just a local perception. Here's a foreign guest's take on Movie World:

it does by having some of the worst theme park operations known to humanity.

In this queue, one train dispatch interval is equivalent to one New York to LA flight beside a screaming toddler....

1. Two trains, seating eight each, roll into the station.
  2. Restraints unlock, riders disembark, riders proceed down the exit ramp.
  3. Trains sit empty.
  4. Trains continue sitting empty because there isn’t anyone lined up behind the air gates.
  5. Ride Op 1 comes over to the head of the queue, opens the barrier, counts off the 16 guests it will take to fill the trains, and assigns each of them a row.
  6. The other two trains that were on the course are by this point stacked on the brake run.
  7. Ride Op 1 double checks the number of people he’s let through and where he’s placed them.
  8. Ride Op 1 begins chatting with Ride Op 2, who is at the controls. It is a pleasant chat. There is laughter.
  9. Ride Op 3 joins said chat.
  10. Trains remain empty in the station.
  11. Trains remain stacked on the brake run.
  12. Casual chat continues.
  13. Richard and I share A Look.
  14. Richard and I begin counting how many flags might be around.
  15. Ride Op Roundtable concludes.
  16. Ride Op 1 announces to guests in the air gates that they must buckle the seat belt first, THEN pull down the lap bar. Got it? Seat belt FIRST, lap bar SECOND? Okay? You guys got that, right? Okay.
  17. Air gates finally open, guests proceed to train and do up their restraints.
  18. Restraints are checked with all the efficiency of Windows installing updates.
  19. Trains dispatch.
  20. Stacked trains roll into the station.
  21. Repeat.

... I'll stop there.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MickeyD said:

What about more hydrating options at Stations like Soda waters with lime /lemon juice, electrolyte drinks and those fuze ice teas?

People are turning away from sugar and diet fizzy drinks

Two of the drinks mentioned there are crazy high in sugar. Found this out the other night looking at the sugar content in one of the major iced tea brands.

1 hour ago, pin142 said:

Two of the drinks mentioned there are crazy high in sugar. Found this out the other night looking at the sugar content in one of the major iced tea brands.

The Twinings infuses have practically 0 sugar and recommended by Dietitians.

Those ice teas as sold at Markets do have plenty of sugar yes but still arguably a healthier and more refreshing option. Certainly a more unique one too.

I also love how Disney and Universal both create unique F&B options that are unique to the Parks.

The very fact that thousands of Guests leave our Park's in Aus every day around lunchtime to eat outside has been a screaming opportunity for ever, it's really time for a change.

On 05/11/2019 at 7:15 AM, AlexB said:

Really? load stations have to be completely empty of the previous riders before new ones are permitted in, and in some cases, riders aren't even grouped until after the load station is empty. VRTP has long been criticised of their long cycle times, so I don't think we can agree on them having 'great operations'.

And that isn't just a local perception. Here's a foreign guest's take on Movie World:

... I'll stop there.

Okay maybe great operation was too much of a compliment, I would say great operations in comparison to DW imo. But none of our operations is anything near what you would get at many parks overseas, even Six Flags make our parks look bad.

MW have so many opportunities for character dining too or more themed sit down meal areas. They had an opportunity to do this within the villains area, but unfortunately didn’t. I would love to see a western themed sit down option. Yes they’ve got the burgers, but a 30 second walk and there’s another burger place 

They already get crucified for high prices by the general public. Even if it is seen as a better deal, portion wise, with tasty food. It doesn't seem to work in australia. It's like the guests are more focused on the cost, not what you are actually getting. 

Some recent examples of trying something new was movieworld with the deli and the opening of harrys grill. The deli is pretty much gone, which is a shame because the sandwich options were brilliant. While the grill is kinda meh now. Seaworld got in franchise stores which was a suggestion we had when this topic was raised before. That didn't work either. 

Fresh food/ingredients must get expensive if you are throwing large (by comparison) amounts of it away each day when it doesn't sell. Only ends up with bean counters cutting into the quality of the ingredients, jacking up the price, or removing the options all together because they aren't prepared to keep running while losing money even while it gets established. 

No incentive to try anything else if your previous efforts have been pretty lack luster, they just see it as it's not what the public wants and stick with what they keep turning out. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1