There's no new major rides or attractions coming to Dreamworld after Sky Voyager

Parkz News

3 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Of all Australian theme parks, the one thing Dreamworld really has an advantage over the others is its size. So now they want to reduce that, rather than being bold and brave and utilising it to really make people go "Wow! Dreamworld is way bigger and better than the other parks!"

That's an amazingly well thought out point Push *suppress shock*.

You're right. When White Water World opened, which had arguably better quality attractions and a nicer overall guest experience - Wet N Wild's response was "Biggest and Best".

That is Dreamworld's answer to Movie World - a park that cannot expand much further behind it's gate - it will eventually be forced to overtake it's carpark to continue expansion, or it will have to replace attractions. Dreamworld on the other hand has plenty of land even within the park's boundaries that it can develop (provided, that is, they don't just keep cramming more shit into ocean parade).

20 minutes ago, AlexB said:

That's an amazingly well thought out point Push *suppress shock*.

You're right. When White Water World opened, which had arguably better quality attractions and a nicer overall guest experience - Wet N Wild's response was "Biggest and Best".

That is Dreamworld's answer to Movie World - a park that cannot expand much further behind it's gate - it will eventually be forced to overtake it's carpark to continue expansion, or it will have to replace attractions. Dreamworld on the other hand has plenty of land even within the park's boundaries that it can develop (provided, that is, they don't just keep cramming more shit into ocean parade).

slightly off topic and I think it might have been discussed?

Would it be viable for MW to build a 3-5 story car park structure so they can expand further?

visually it wouldn't be amazing and could possible dwarf existing / smaller rides + planning permission is required... 

• Like 1

Viable yes, and i imagine it would be a reality if the long rumoured/planned hotel ever becomes reality. 

I don't imagine they would have massive issues with planning permissions providing it wasn't above the 3-4 story mark.

The introduction of it however would certainly bring with it the beginning of paid parking.

39 minutes ago, Slick said:

It's worth pointing out that as it stands today Dreamworld (without WhiteWater World) is a smaller park per m2 than Movie World. If you were to compare apples vs apples (so say PC, WNW & MW against DW & WWW) the gap is even greater.

It's pretty easy to add some extra land to your footprint when you run a hypercoaster out along your property boundary. It doesn't really change the size of the park (think Disneyland, and the buildings beyond the berm). Otherwise, can we start counting the BB Arena and  Gumtree plantation in DW's footprint too?

HWSW's footprint, for example, occupies space that is also utilised by waterslides, and guest accessible footpaths.

How big are the two land wise if you measure MW to the 'pre-hypercoaster' boundaries?

2 hours ago, Naazon said:

slightly off topic and I think it might have been discussed?

Would it be viable for MW to build a 3-5 story car park structure so they can expand further?

visually it wouldn't be amazing and could possible dwarf existing / smaller rides + planning permission is required... 

It was announced about a year ago that Movieworld had put in an application to build a multi story carpark and neighbours were complaining as it would be unsightly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

Basically everyone has already said, why can't Ardent just fuck off already?

The only answer I can think of is the Company has a reluctant obligation to see out the TRRR inquest,  will hopefully be charged for reckless negligence ...and then forced to sell it.

I don’t see another operator being overly interested unless it was at a bargain place as the park would largely need a broom through it. 

Theyd maximise their land value by selling to developers if the council/govt indicated they would happily rezone (in exchange for copious land taxes). 

I personally think we’re stuck with Ardent until the decide they want out, and then we have nothing at all.. 

• Like 2

SV merchandise store

What we can see is SV polo's saying "Sky Voyager - Dreamworld - Gold Coast Australia.

SV blue travel mugs

SV shot glasses

Possibly stickers

Black SV hat

Magnets

SV bottles - black, blue and pink

Now you can fly shirt - white

Black SV shirt

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

I was thinking it's a bit odd the merchandise shop is fully stocked and ready to go yet the ride's not open. 

That’s because in the shop if there is a defect in a shirt, no one dies.... 

2 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Now you can fly shirt - white

F**king lies I tell you, lies!! 

Umm.. who is joking about people dying? 

The ride isn’t open as it has defects and can’t be registered. A defect in a ride can result in deaths. That is a fact. 

A shop doesn’t require registration by a regulatory body to be set up.. that is fact. 

Pretty simple concept to understand.

if you stopped trying to be offended and playing the victim all the time Push, you could actually be a half decent contributor here... 

• Like 5