There's no new major rides or attractions coming to Dreamworld after Sky Voyager

Parkz News

I know we all hate MDMC, but one of the issues Dreamworld had was it was all off the ground. Cut all the supports and drop it low to the ground, and it could be something.... more if you can find a spot to drop a second set of launch wheels too... and replace the trains - or at least the restraints....

1 minute ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Why would I be joking. Movie World have no flat level coasters which aren't intimidating. MDMC is a fast-ish ride that doesn't go to great heights and isn't intimidating. It also is a good looking coaster. - We aren't looking at it as if it is at Dreamworld.

You have to understand that, even before we knew about the lack of maintenance, and the care-free attitude towards killing people, everyone hated MDMC. It wouldn't matter what park it was in. As a matter of fact it ranked in dead last on some coaster polls a while ago. Everything about it sucks.

• Like 3

TRIGGER WARNING - The following contains an opinion, viewer descretion is advised.

I enjoy MDMC and a lot of the general public enjoy it aswell. It is mostly in part to enthusists that is has a terrible wrap. Most people I know that are just general visitors really enjoy it, especially families. And Movie World already have AA which in my opinion is more uncomforable than MDMC.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

TRIGGER WARNING - The following contains an opinion, viewer descretion is advised.

I enjoy MDMC and a lot of the general public enjoy it aswell. It is mostly in part to enthusists that is has a terrible wrap. Most people I know that are just general visitors really enjoy it, especially families. And Movie World already have AA which in my opinion is more uncomforable than MDMC.

The Motorcoaster is one of my favourite rides at Dreamworld. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a bit uncomfortable. 

Just now, pushbutton said:

The Motorcoaster is one of my favourite rides at Dreamworld. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a bit uncomfortable. 

That explains a lot.

18 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

That explains a lot.

I'm sorry - but i've never waited for this ride for more than 1 cycle. For a ride of it's age, it doesn't get the patronage - don't tell me it's only enthusiasts that dislike it. Anyone doing the parks on the coast will at some point ride both MDMC and Jet Rescue and immediately regard MDMC as the poor cousin.

For the record, since you brought Arkham in - i've regularly waited 30-45 minutes for Arkham, even today - and Arkham is 12 years older than MDMC.

• Like 1

The only thing wrong with Motorcoaster is the lack of any enjoyable elements of the ride beyond the launch, the height and lack of transitions in height, the terribly designed trains, and uncomfortable restraints. 

Everything else about it is great, especially those spinning loose items holders...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, pin142 said:

Motocoaster is like Pony Express at Knott's

Except Pony Express was enjoyable.

9 hours ago, pin142 said:

A Lime scooter is more fun than motocoaster!

It is actually...

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/02/25/18/47/lime-scooter-injury-banned-new-zealand-brisbane

Come to think of it - Lime Scooters might be well suited to Dreamworld.

I definitely dislike MDMC as much as the next person, but IMO it is the coaster most likely to get relocated. A small family park in Asia will want to get their hands on a ride like this. Maybe even Funfields might leap at the opportunity to get a cheap used coaster locally.

The ride's main flaws is that it doesn't have the sense of speed that Jet Rescue has. The elevated sections are largely unnecessary and the ride, being high off the ground, feels very slow. The ride's uncomfortable trains doesn't help either. If this coaster was built to be close to the ground, it would have turned out much better than what it did. 

Edited by Baconjack