What's gone wrong with SkyVoyager?

pushbutton

6 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I wonder if the defects are just those I pointed out in the SkyVoyager construction thread before Christmas?

(That's not defects with the ride itself, but the external walls. Not a safety issue as far as I can tell, but just an aesthetic one).

Thinking about it though, if it was the external walls, they definitely knew about that before the hoardings were taken down, so surely they should have been left up, I would have thought.

It's structural defects, scarily enough.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, westical said:

Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival is a festival and a display of flowers is only one part.  The festival consists of concerts, displays,  many, many dining options,  tours, play areas & activities. 

Nobody could ever compare Dreamworld displaying some flowers in a shed to a fully blown Disney festival.

Brock's Garage ggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee.

And the winner is.

99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.thumb.JPG.02c69f95435327d660baab1a3129c7b0.JPGnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.thumb.JPG.b468b58e64f49b96dd8c0196e51b4ef7.JPG

Goods & Services

Arranging of exhibitions for cultural purposes; Arranging of exhibitions for educational purposes; Arranging of exhibitions for entertainment purposes; Arranging of exhibitions for training purposes; Art exhibition services; Conducting of exhibitions for amusement purposes; Conducting of exhibitions for educational purposes; Conducting of exhibitions for entertainment purposes; Conducting of exhibitions for recreation purposes; Display of works of art (exhibitions, shows, museums, galleries); Organisation of exhibitions for cultural or educational purposes; Organisation of exhibitions for entertainment purposes; Providing facilities for educational purposes; Providing facilities for entertainment; Providing facilities for recreation; Providing facilities for sports events; Providing recreation facilities; Provision of amusement facilities; Provision of entertainment facilities; Provision of facilities for entertaining; Provision of facilities for recreation; Entertainment; Event management services in relation to the organisation of educational, entertainment, sporting or cultural events; Management of entertainment events; Management of entertainment services; Organisation of entertainment events; Organisation of entertainment for wedding celebrations; Organisation of promotions (entertainment events); Organising charitable fundraising events being the provision of entertainment, sporting and cultural services; Organising events for entertainment purposes; Organising of entertainment; Organising of entertainment and social events; Arranging and conducting of conferences; Arranging of conferences; Conducting of business conferences; Conducting of educational conferences Rental of rooms for social functions; Provision of facilities for conventions; Provision of facilities for exhibitions; Arranging of wedding receptions (food and drink); Arranging of wedding receptions (venues); Food and drink catering; Hospitality services (food and drink); Preparation of food and drink; Providing food and drink; Arranging for the provision of drink; Provision of conference facilities; Arranging for the provision of food

Somewhere in the trade mark description you could display flowers.  

DW already did the Lego display in the "SHED". 

I suspect we could see a few displays pop up every year in the "SHED". 

22 minutes ago, AlexB said:

But did anyone suggest that the flowers would be indoors where they wouldn't get sunlight needed for them to live?

The $3.50 flowers I buy the wifey from woolies seem to be ok without the sun.

DW are still trying to work out how to get the ladder out.

h9C08B3D9.thumb.jpg.fb003eefee12104ffc60504b6aec176d.jpg

Edited by Skeeta

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

don't buy him flowers.

Don't worry @AlexBI won't.  I know how jealous you get.

If SV isn't opening this summer how hard is it to change a web site?

r.thumb.JPG.b7ff9e568a323bbec45ad419a2894040.JPG

DW not removing it from it's web site proves that DW doesn't give 1 flying f$%k's about it's customers.

• Like 1

From dreamworld’s Facebook replying to a comment questioning why it wasn’t open this summer.

Hi Deb,

We know the anticipation is building for the Sky Voyager opening. 

We can’t wait to open this state-of-the-art flying theatre, but we also need to make sure we’ve ticked all the boxes because our commitment to safety is our priority. 

The ride is currently going through the final approval processes necessary to begin operating. 

Hang tight, the opening is not far away, and we can assure all our guests that this Australian-first attraction will be well worth the wait.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skeeta said:

If SV isn't opening this summer how hard is it to change a web site?

But in two days time, the pressure will be off, and the advertising 'coming this summer' can be reused so that they can focus on a December 2019 opening.

14 hours ago, Gary86 said:

Dreamworld's ride page still has it "Coming this Summer"

Give it two days and it'll be right again.

13 hours ago, Archer said:

Summer finishes in a couple of days.

See? ^ He gets it. And then 'coming this summer' will be December. plenty of time to tick the boxes!

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

But in two days time, the pressure will be off, and the advertising 'coming this summer' can be reused so that they can focus on a December 2019 opening.

Give it two days and it'll be right again.

See? ^ He gets it. And then 'coming this summer' will be December. plenty of time to tick the boxes!

December 26th, to be precise. A (genuine, offline) Dreamworld employee told me that. 

17 hours ago, Gary86 said:

Dreamworld's ride page still has it "Coming this Summer"

Snapshot_1.thumb.png.8dba43c7b2068509a8c7d2a2f0f12d27.png

SkyVoyager is not in the site map which still has Thunder River Rapids listed. (leads to a deleted page)

Wow the poor head of marketing (and marketing team) must be having the biggest headache right now.

It's opening, it's not opening.
"We need footage for this Gold Coast tourism campaign"

"Does that mean it's opening?"

"Don't be ridiculous!"

"But won't that confuse the wider audience who don't follow theme park updates as to the actual status of the ride?"

"I find I sleep better at night if I don't think about it..

LIKE C'MON!

But leaving TRR in the site map is just kinda poor form. Got to wonder if the marketing team were told to keep it there for whatever reason. If not, it's just shows the marketing team don't update their site frequently enough or they have no one spot checking it for things like this.

I find that the website is updated very regularly, including if a ride is just down for the day, after the park opened due to technical issues or whatever it may be. VRTP don’t do that. And remember how long the park maps were outdated too.

The site map is probably an oversight

SV has been removed off the news on the home screen, but currently still says opening this summer on the rides page