Gold Coast Amusement Force

HWSW's train is stuck ...

18 posts in this topic

It’s now part of WhiteWater Worlds theming, because Dreamworld are too scared to operate it..

Something funky must have gone on for it to have gotten stuck there!

Surely this is enough to make the park realise it needs to go. The only rides that this happens to are Chinese knock offs. If a ride needs a certain weight to run it’s probably too old to still be operating. Do DW even get the attendance these days to find 6 people to ride at a time?

11 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Surely this is enough to make the park realise it needs to go. The only rides that this happens to are Chinese knock offs. If a ride needs a certain weight to run it’s probably too old to still be operating. Do DW even get the attendance these days to find 6 people to ride at a time?

That's quite short sighted of you. There are many coasters (and plenty of other rides) that require a certain weight to operate. There are more that can't operate in certain wind conditions. Plenty of flat and tower rides that won't run in the wind, or without certain weight management either (Drop towers where cables get blown around, and things like ferris wheels that need to be balanced evenly)

If you think only Chinese knock offs can valley when empty trains are impacted by high winds, you probably shouldn't look at the moments leading up to the smiler incident, where an empty test car valleyed, stopping on the track.

Gerstlauer is not from China

Maybe, if you're gonna jump on the dreamworld bashing bandwagon, you do actually come up with something legitimate to call them out on, or at least make your illegitimate issue funny.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

That's quite short sighted of you. There are many coasters (and plenty of other rides) that require a certain weight to operate. There are more that can't operate in certain wind conditions. Plenty of flat and tower rides that won't run in the wind, or without certain weight management either (Drop towers where cables get blown around, and things like ferris wheels that need to be balanced evenly)

If you think only Chinese knock offs can valley when empty trains are impacted by high winds, you probably shouldn't look at the moments leading up to the smiler incident, where an empty test car valleyed, stopping on the track.

You are right - I spoke out of turn and I apologise for the baseless statement I made. I have been bashing DW a lot lately, and it may be time to pull back.

With that said, I still think the ride is old and retiring it wouldn’t hurt the park much. Unlike some of the other old and decaying rides at the park, I personally don’t think this brings much to the park any more.

• Like 1

I believe the park is done, I hope I'm wrong. But for it to now back away or slow done the process off adding new attractions besides SV, is not what the average person wants. These guys need a game changer, they need something to wow the crowd, my family have not renewed our passes for dreamworld this year, despite Sea world being average my boy would rather go to the VR parks than the Ardent parks.