Sea World to launch new Thunder Lake Stunt Show

Parkz News

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to be optimistic but the involvement of Showtime and BMX does not inspire confidence.

It is now listed on the website.

Sea World unveils new multimillion-dollar stunt show

Brianna Morris-Grant, Gold Coast Bulletin
February 25, 2019 6:00am
Subscriber only
  •  
  •  
  •  

SEA WORLD has unveiled its new multimillion-dollar ski show set to start during the next school holidays.

The popular theme park has partnered with Australian stunt crew Showtime FMX to create the Thunder Lake Stunt Show, featuring waterski, jet ski and BMX performers.

Village Roadshow Theme Parks Chief Operating Officer Bikash Randhawa said the show will be “visually spectacular” with non-stop action.

“The show centres around the Sun State All Stars and the Bay City River Rats with the two rival groups colliding in a showdown of extreme stunts to once and for all decide who runs the lake,” he said.

“We have recruited some of Australia’s best stunt performers and designed custom-built vehicles which will be sure to have our guests in awe.

“In addition to the jaw-dropping stunts, the Thunder Lake Stunt Show also features a very funny storyline with one of our characters.”

Organisers have said the show should bring back an “element of nostalgia” for those who remember Sea World’s formative years.

Showtime FMX Director Gary Reid started his stunt career in Sea World’s Ski Show in the 1990s, and said he and his team are excited to bring this one to life.

“This is a dream come true for a lot of our athletes and we can’t wait to get out on the lake and perform some of the most insane stunts and action for Sea World guests,” he said.

The Thunder Lake Stunt Show is expected to start towards the end of April with performances running twice daily.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/sea-world-unveils-new-multimilliondollar-stunt-show/news-story/83aeb8517adab30f4e15f7e95667eda2?fbclid=IwAR26UIwnXf8JCuV8BvgtFoyC19Hdo544n5m2kL8tSCyT2AHig8xBJg8od_s

b7e108b83fd8c3a5cda600f7ba95eb4b.jpeg

Edited by Jordan M.

Team A Vs B can be alright, as said before the main problem with Jet Stunt Extreme was no script just a show with stunts.

Showtime at least know the importance of comedy/a script as the revisions to HWSD2 show.

They just sent out a promo email, anyone else think this is what marketing came up with before legal made them change it? (Compare the text to the website)

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 11.23.46 am.png

Edited by Jordan M.

1 hour ago, Jordan M. said:

Team A Vs B can be alright, as said before the main problem with Jet Stunt Extreme was no script just a show with stunts.

Showtime at least know the importance of comedy/a script as the revisions to HWSD2 show.

They just sent out a promo email, anyone else think this is what marketing came up with before legal made them change it? (Compare the text to the website)

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 11.23.46 am.png

Was there stunts? I must have been looking at the wrong part of the lake every time as I missed them.

17 minutes ago, RossL said:

It honestly has a low bar to clear to be better than the previous jet ski show and better than the other current performances at Sea World. Although I haven't watched Paw Patrol, maybe that is a high bar?

If it is not better than the current seal show, it is a fail.

For Paw Patrol they removed the bar completely as it had become extremely rusty. So that show is just an environmental lesson they found in primary school science textbooks. 

I think the bar has had the worst of the rust scraped off now and it will be reused for this new stunt show. 

As the centre of it is still 99% rust, it can't be set high as it is likely to snap in half soon and could hurt someone when it falls.

Edited by pushbutton

3 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

You're absolutely right. It's not! 

That's the problem though, isn't it? Sea World is supposed to be for EVERYONE. 

I can confidently say that Paw Patrol is really suited to the 2-7 year old audiences it is targeted at.

I find it laughable that Push constantly whines when a park introduces a coaster because 'not everyone likes coasters' but then he'll go and bash them when they introduce literally ANYTHING else that isn't perfectly suited to him.

3 hours ago, Jordan M. said:

Sorry, did not realise you were in need of special assistance.

It's not about special assistance. it's about pointing everyone to what you're actually talking about to save the inevitable to-and-fro of:

"i don't see it - where on the website was it?"
"it was on the front page banner"
"i don't see a banner on the front page, should i try the news tab?"
"no it was just on the front page for me - are you using firefox?"
"no, im using safari"
"oh, are you using an ipad?"
"no, an iphone"
"oh ok, it doesn't come up on my iphone but it worked on desktop"
"i don't have desktop"
"ok, try this"

Besides - i've seen how you carry on on social media - going and answering the questions people ask the park social teams before the social teams respond - why are you so "helpful" there, but you have to be such a pratt here?

Didn't you get banned from VRTP parks for a while?

Its in much the similar vein as:

On 24/02/2019 at 1:53 PM, djrappa said:

Pet peeve. 

People who post restricted YouTube videos that make you log in. 

7 minutes ago, AlexB said:

It's not about special assistance. it's about pointing everyone to what you're actually talking about to save the inevitable to-and-fro of:

I'm going to PM you since this is heading way off topic, but I think saying website (that was directly linked in a previous post) is clear enough.

I'll respond to your PM to save you further embarassment,

but

Since you added your own 2 cents, i'll respond too.

What's clear enough (now that i know what part you're referring to) is that the part from the 'website' you couldn't possibly have referenced, is almost word for word also quoted in the article you quoted above. If you'd just referenced the quote, or pointed to what specific part you were trying to compare to, it'd have been much easier for everyone to understand what you were actually referring to.

I'll see you in PM.