Sea World to launch new Thunder Lake Stunt Show

Parkz News

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

where do you draw the line?

It was just the similarity that both of them were/are water based attractions with Thunder in their title and poth in popular and well known parks., For some reason it's the first thing I thought when I read the title of the show.

I went overboard in saying comparisons could be drawn if something were to happen and probably over stated that part of my post way too far to be honest. Should have just left it as a personal observation 🤫

On 07/03/2019 at 12:49 PM, themagician said:

Showtime FX have shared a video, and you can see they are constructing something on the island for the show.

An application was lodged to Gold Coast City Council (not a link to the application - see the paragraph below the quote) on the 28th of February:

Application descriptionSHOWTIME - STUNT SHOW WORKS - STAGE 1 - SEAWORLD AXIS 12864

I'd add a link to the relevant Gold Coast City Council application but from previous attempts to link applications from there in recent months, I've found it will just lead to an error message for you all due to last year's information technology system upgrade the Council implemented.

As far as I am aware, Sea World's plans have not yet been approved by a private certifier but according to Gold Coast City Council they are "in progress" of being assessed by the private certifier.

Now does the application description mean 1 performance stage or 'Stage 1'? If it is 1 performance stage, then that might be what they are building on the island and maybe there are multiple performance stages? If it is 'Stage 1', then what is 'Stage 2' and/or how many 'stages' are there? 🤔 I'd probably say it's the latter - 'Stage 1' of a masterplan. This would fit in with some recent rumours.

• Like 2

I do enjoy that you're on the ball with this info, and usually the first to post it.

I really just wish you'd learn a bit more about the DA\BA processes involved in some of these applications, so you could draw better conclusions.

But i'd say you're leaning in the right direction to suggest its 'stage 1' of more than one stage.

2 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

As far as I am aware, Sea World's plans have not yet been approved by a private certifier but according to Gold Coast City Council they are "in progress" of being assessed by the private certifier.

The new GCCC pdonline system sux.  If you found this within the building applications tab, it is approved.   Applications are no longer loaded into this area until the plans are approved.   It will now only show approved once construction is completed and the work has been signed off. 

@Skeeta, this might be a bit off-topic but you might be able to help here: Another application was "lodged" to Gold Coast City Council the same day as the Thunder Lake Stunt Show one. This application was for the Oxenford property:

Application descriptionAQUAMAN FIT-OUT (THEMED ENTERTAINMENT) AXIS 12725

It has 12th of December as the "decision date", which would make sense since Aquaman - The Exhibition opened the day after but this is despite any form of 'construction' occurring roughly a month prior to opening day and the "decision date" & still why was it only "lodged" on the 28th of February? Again, as far as I am aware, these plans have not yet been approved by a private certifier (I know Aquaman - The Exhibition has been open for nearly 3 months now & some sort of decision was made on the 12th of December) but according to Gold Coast City Council, this application is still "in progress" of being assessed by the private certifier.

All the applications I've ever posted since June 28 last year also have had the "Application Type" as "Private Certifier Archiving", which I assume is related to the Council receiving the application from the private certifier & archiving it. However, since everything on the Council's website is so vague, I can't be 100% sure if any of these applications I've posted have been approved - not until "In Progress" has changed to "Completed", which I assume means it finally got approved. This Aquaman - The Exhibition application might be a good one to clarify things on - not just for me but everyone - as as soon as the Coroner's Report is released into the Thunder River Rapids incident (which should be in the next few months), I probably won't be following the Gold Coast applications as much anymore - not unless something else extraordinary happens in regards to DW's future or a new major ride (like DC Rivals HyperCoaster) is built at any Gold Coast theme park.

• 2 weeks later...