Sea World to launch new Thunder Lake Stunt Show

Parkz News

I watched the show this afternoon, and surprisingly I actually didn’t mind it. It is far from perfect, but I must say all the water stunts were very impressive and good to see them mixing it up and incorporating newer technologies into all. The story line is okay, never overly been a fan of shows where it’s one team vs another, but it’s much better than how HSD2 handles it. While the comedy of the script is corny, there were some laugh out loud moments. The BMX stunts didn’t really add anything extra to the show and the positioning meant you couldn’t see it in full, unless you were up the top. It is a shame the island set wasn’t utilised more with the show. It’s good it’s there to add some theming to everything, but a stunt through one of the doors would’ve added to it. The dance at the end definitely didn’t suit the shows style at all and is a bit unnecessary, I would’ve preferred all the stunt team being in the water performing a heap of stunts to end with a spectacular end. I think it is enjoyable and worth checking out, definite improvement from the last few shows, but still not on par or better than the Water Ski Wipeout era

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Since I'm at Sea World today I thought I might as well take a look at the new Thunder Lake show. 

5 minutes of mediocre 'stunts' (at best), accompanied by constant yelling down the microphone was more than enough for me.

Let's hope maybe they might properly rethink this now that they're finally going to invest in the park! 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

You’re very critical without giving any suggestions or improvements outside of “it should be good” and “I hope it’s themed”. 

What would you want to see different? 

Other than the cringey dance at the end, I thought it was solid 

A fair question. It just seemed to me like more of the same old poor quality "stunts", and shouting for no real reason.

What I'd much rather see on that lake is areal show. I know there was some sort of pirate show once, and I only vaguely remember seeing the actual ship. Not sure if it was any good, but I am sure a good pirate show there could be very good.

Otherwise, any other sea related (or more broadly water / marine themed) show. Just something with a story to it. Some fun, some songs, some audience interaction (not just "who can shout the loudest". Perhaps something Aquaman themed.

Just a few quick ideas.

• 2 weeks later...