Aussie World themeing

pushbutton

29 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

A facepalm would be a good replacement for the fountain. 

I think the fountain and a facepalm mean different things. I can picture a world where both exist in harmony.

On topic, yeah the train is gross. If you think the train at Aussie World is better themed than the same ride at MW I suggest you don't know what themeing is. The trains at Currimbin sanctuary are at least themed to look like different famous Australian trains, this looks like nothing. It's bright and garish and in no way reinforces the 'Aussie' theme of the park. It looks like its painted in such a way that it'll stand out on the midway of the Ekka.

But for an off the shelf design with nothing customized on it; the landscaping is nice, and while the design is gross the paint isn't faded and everything looks like it's in good condition. If Dreamworld or anyone building a real theme park added that I'd be slamming it. But for a small park like Aussie World, I actually don't have a problem with it. Aussie World is a collection of nicely presented carnival rides, not a theme park, and so this fits in with that pretty well. 

But yeah Movie World has the same ride and themed it to the world of Yosemite Sam. That's themeing.

46257297-gold-coast-aus-nov-06-2014-visitors-on-rideable-miniature-railway-train-in-movie-world-gold-coast-qu.thumb.jpg.3fff7fba332eb7af5bd9f82c694ddcff.jpg

Edited by joz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, joz said:

I think the fountain and a facepalm mean different things. I can picture a world where both exist in harmony.

I agree! Out with the sad face, in with the facepalm, as let’s be honest most things on here that result in sad emojis are the result of facepalms...

I simply meant the train looks fun. Aussie World doesn't really have an Aussie theme. Nothing about it is particularly Aussie. But their current slogan is "Fun's our thing", and in a way I think at least Fun is a sort of theme, to some extent.

Ok it's very generic so not really a theme. Anyway, I just meant the train looks FUN!!!

12 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Aussie World doesn't really have an Aussie theme. Nothing about it is particularly Aussie.

I wouldn't expect a pom to understand what makes something "Aussie" but.. well, apart from the pub, which isn't inside the park, let's take a look -

There's the Disk'o, themed to a Giant Redback (spider in case you weren't sure), and other rides such as the Mozzie Musta, the Bombora Bounce, and the Tin Lids tea party - arguably all quite "Aussie" (as well as the Platypus Ponds mini golf!). Then there's other rides which, while they aren't all 'strictly' Aussie, make a better connection to the park's overall theme than a motorbike coaster in Rivertown - especially since much of the theme in that area is an aussie 'fairground' which does allow for a hodge podge of random rides - don't you remember an old fairground looking exactly like that?

image.png.ec8b7d55b2103d5e2d1842f2fbf13456.png

Don't forget the plunge... nothing says Australia like rusty corrugated iron and log flumes!

And what about dunny races?

image.thumb.png.cca391db130a965961a0e86de329974f.png

I mean really - what makes something "aussie" anyway? What is "aussie cuisine" for example?

Just like Russell Crowe, Mel Gibson, Heath Ledger and Pavlova - its Aussie if we say its Aussie.

• Like 1