Dreamworld Neon Nights Returns

Last year's Feb 24th event was postponed to march 17th due to severe weather, and then:

On 04/05/2018 at 10:18 AM, themagician said:

DW were advertising the next 4 Park After Dark events for the year on their website, one being at the end of this month. But now the info has completely been removed and tickets can no longer be purchased.

On 04/05/2018 at 5:01 PM, Adventures With JWorld said:

I know the upcoming one (26th May) was cancelled,

I have no clue what the deal is the other ones, one minute the events are up on their website and the next minute, all references get removed like the event never existed.

So i'm not so sure about your memory...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Andddddd this is the where we will see Sky Voyager open... 

as an Park After Dark exclusive 😉

Assuming it is signed off in time I wouldn't even put it past Dreamworld to not have it open, like what MW did not opening the Aquaman Exhibit during White Christmas.

Can confirm the last few Park After Dark events have been dead, and yes tickets as low as $10 . They tried something different with the last event with tickets being more expensive and a performance by Guy Sebastian but it still was not overly busy.

I'm glad to see them trying again, but disappointed at this stage it doesn't seem there will be any real drawcard. They are not even opening Kevil Hill, a previous "exclusive" to Park After Dark or doing the free V8 simulator's/Flowrider

Edited by Jordan M.
More information

Dreamworld lost money on every Park After Dark last year. They decided to stop putting them on so they could come up with a new theme and ideas for future night functions.

Like all other decisions that have been made in the last 2 years, the decision to try the same old idea will bring the same result, failure!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Can confirm I’ve been to every park after dark and it has not been ‘dead’. Maybe leave tiger island and you will find the crowds.

I have been to most of the recent ones, and it the "crowd" certainly had nothing on what they used to get, even with the discounted ticket offers. 

🙄Perhaps you are getting me confused with someone else as I spend my time at Dreamworld mostly on rides.

Edited by Jordan M.

3 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

So because they didn’t get crowds like they did before the incident, the park is dead?

Perhaps try and look at it logically, if the park was getting enough visitors for the events to be profitable why did they discount tickets drastically and stop putting on further events for a whole year?

Dreamworld is not ‘dead’ but has been in a ‘critical condition’ for the last 2 years and since December is on life support. 

When the inquest findings are handed down ( possibly as early as just before Easter ) then it will go into cardiac arrest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That's a completely normal marketing tactic that's used by many companies in leisure and tourism. 

It's like if you look at a particular flight on an online booking site and it says there's only a few tickets left, and then the next day there's more available. Same with hotel rooms, sports events etc.

It's a bit dodgy in my opinion, but it's perfectly legal and normal. It's how companies get the most sales at the highest prices they can! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pushbutton said:

That's a completely normal marketing tactic that's used by many companies in leisure and tourism. 

It's like if you look at a particular flight on an online booking site and it says there's only a few tickets left, and then the next day there's more available. Same with hotel rooms, sports events etc.

It's a bit dodgy in my opinion, but it's perfectly legal and normal. It's how companies get the most sales at the highest prices they can! 

Yeah but usually it’s not done 30 minutes after they say it’s sold out and in the afternoon of the event. So no this isn’t a strategy it’s just Dreamworld.

OMG WOW! tonight was so packed 😮

new thought that Dreamworld should really consider. Every second Friday or Saturday open from 4pm > 11pm (still 7 hour day👍). It is really proven that all the GC parks fill to capacity now no matter what night event it is. Many U.S parks have caught onto the trend of closing during the day and operating at night.

The uniqueness of it is what makes it popular. It’s every second weekend it loses its appeal, especially during winter. It also can’t happen at the expense of day trade. 

Summer holidays, sure stay open until 10 every week, but many of us have been calling for late trade during summer at all the parks for years 

• Like 4