Someone is coming to Dreamworld

themagician

7 hours ago, pin142 said:

Is this person an author with best selling books and TV shows? 

RL Stine as mentioned above does fit all the criteria thus far and seems likely. The 50 million thing has me unsure about Paul Jennings. 

Yes, he is a 'multiple best-selling author', and he has multiple TV shows. It would make sense if it is him.

2 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/04/lisa-wilkinson-to-host-big-brother-revival-for-ten.html

This is an article from early last year talking about a BB Australia revival for 2019. I'm going to assume this is it, which is pretty stoked on since its back on Ten.

Yes and when the channel 10 2019 broadcast presentation took place in Nov 2018 it was clear the idea was shelved with zero mention of BB and I’m a Celeb returning. Networks don’t “hide” major productions for surprise release as they need to forward plan production and sell advertising space, of which value is attributed to hype, not secrecy 

Honestly - he's a pretty well known illusionist. Magic shows do have a place in theme parks. It's not a game changer, but it is something else both memorable and interesting to do at the park.

I'd like to see them establish a residency for him for a while - if nothing else to give people something to do when nothing in the park is open.

It just doesn't make sense that they're blowing their wad on an entertainment contract whilst simultaneously nickle-and-diming the retail outlets and food stalls.

• Like 2

Big brother is not owned by DW. They have no say in its production. People getting disappointmented may as well complain to McDonalds that they want better pizzas at Dominos. 

Magicians have a strong history of theme park shows, my thoughts are this will be a one off for Neon Night though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Magicians have a strong history of theme park shows,

Magicians shows have been at DW before the I remember one that was a good show but if SV was going the extra entertainment it wouldn't be required right now.  Not only is SV sitting empty but DW is having to try and fill the gap.

Edited by Skeeta

2 minutes ago, Prequel said:

I feel like Dreamworld maybe be just a tad over hyping here.
Didn't really need to be doing this whole revealing information one at a time scheme, whatever it is, i don't think it's enough to draw me back to Dreamworld.

To be fair he is an acclaimed award winning magician - I can’t speak for his books or movie, but he isn’t just a run of the mill hire-a-magician that does birthday parties for kids. 

The slow reveal tease builds chatter, interest and hype so from that angle I don’t think it was a poor marketing ploy 

2 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

To be fair he is an acclaimed award winning magician - I can’t speak for his books or movie, but he isn’t just a run of the mill hire-a-magician that does birthday parties for kids. 

The slow reveal tease builds chatter, interest and hype so from that angle I don’t think it was a poor marketing ploy 

I still can't help to feel a bit underwhelmed. Magicians are cool and all, but i don't think i'll be heading down to Dreamworld to catch him. Dreamworld is like the alcoholic brother that you want to get better, but just doesn't. Which saddens me, had a blast when i use to head down a few years ago, really no point to going to Dreamworld these days at least in my opinion. 

Everyone has been complaining about Dreamworld needing a headlining show (such as MW and HWSD). If it is a semi permanent show for the school holidays it could be quite exciting. I remember how good Spellbinding Sorcery was at Wonderland back in the day. Would always pack out the theater even on quiet days. The only place i could think it would work though would be over at DW Studios. 

If it works out for them i think they should throw some money at Matt Hollywood to move his show to the park and do what Tony Laffan did to Wonderland.

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Indeed - here we are on page 3 of this discussion thread already - can certainly say it worked.

Such a shame the parks don't use such reveal marketing techniques for - you know - their headline attractions...

17 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Fun fact, Tony Laffan was also a fixture of Dreamworld in the early years.

Pretty certain he acted the clown for a while there too.

Now live on the Dreamworld website:

COSENTINO LIVE AT DREAMWORLD

Do you believe in magic?

Don’t miss out on the magic at Australia’s biggest theme park these Easter holidays with renowned International Magician of the Year, Cosentino, performing live at Dreamworld from Saturday 6 April to Sunday 21 April! 

Performance Details
  • 6 - 21 April 2019 
  • Two shows daily: 11.30am and 2pm
  • 30-minute performance each
  • Doors open 30 minutes prior to show
  • Performance is included in your Dreamworld admission

• Like 1