Someone is coming to Dreamworld

themagician

Well the general public seem to be pretty pleased with the announcement of Cosentino (based on Facebook reactions and comments so far).

But will this result in bums in seats for Dreamworld? Oh actually I'm sorry, the problem is that there's too many bums and not enough seats not the other way around, my bad!

31 minutes ago, Popped_popcorn said:

Well the general public seem to be pretty pleased with the announcement of Cosentino (based on Facebook reactions and comments so far).

Based on facebook reactions, there are several sentiments out there:

• Pleased
  • Apathetic
  • Critical that the park can't open a ride after 4 months
  • Jokes about shady seating
  • Jokes about using magic to make rides disappear, or appear.

I wouldn't agree that the consensus is 'pleased' overall.

8 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Based on facebook reactions, there are several sentiments out there:

• Pleased
  • Apathetic
  • Critical that the park can't open a ride after 4 months
  • Jokes about shady seating
  • Jokes about using magic to make rides disappear, or appear.

I wouldn't agree that the consensus is 'pleased' overall.

Well at the time of me writing that post it was a lot of people tagging friends and generally being excited. Now at this time I see the angry faces are edging there way in. So I blame the cruel passage of time on my previous post 😅

2 hours ago, Slick said:

Where's the show being performed?

1 hour ago, Slick said:

Well i'd guess it's either going in at the Dreamworks Amphitheatre or the Dreamworld Convention Centre. In hindsight, building a bridge to to the Amphitheatre to replace the one they knocked over would've been a good call.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.35.44 pm.png

• Like 5

1 minute ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

Now I’m interested as to where they are going to put the show - could this be the return of DW Studios? They have done an illusion show and MTV Plugs Intonations Dreamworld there, so I think it might be plausible.

The other location I can think of is Kevil Hill.

Read Jordan’s response 

It’s at the Dreamworld Exhibition Centre where Brock’s was

52 minutes ago, Archer said:

DW is empty, and be completely honest Christmas crowds were greatly down on previous years.

So DW decide to get a guy to do a couple of cheap tricks.

If he wants to perform magic then maybe he should make big crowd appear instead of disappearing.

Have you seen Consentino? He is an actually impressive magician, and he doesn't just do tricks, he also does different types of dangerous stunts. He is not just a magician that does "cheap tricks", not by any stretch.

Yes, DW could've done better to get crowds in - for example, building a ride instead of a "chill space". But, I personally, although not a huge attempt, see this as a first attempt. I'm not sure whether it will do well, but at least DW is trying. Sort of.

13 hours ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

Have you seen Consentino

I hadn't really paid any attention previously, but I did watch a TV special he did a while back on YouTube last night. I can't say I was impressed. Every illusion \ stunt \ trick he did i've seen done before (i've even worked backstage for a few of them) so I have a fair idea on the gimmicks involved. He's certainly a talented escape artist - you can't fake some of that, but let's face it - he's performing twice daily during school holidays at Dreamworld.

It's not like he's resident at the Rio, MGM Grand or Planet Hollywood...

• Like 1

The issue for me is that a show like this is good to soak up crowds while the rest of the park is busy, except from what I read on here, most rides at Dreamworld are walk-ons.

A magic show, although it might be great, is not a crowd draw. People won't travel interstate to see a magic show. Hell I won't travel from Brisbane for a magic show. As stated over and over again, Dreamworld need something to draw a crowd through the door and shows just won't do that at an Amusement/Theme park. 

To me this is a waste of money they could be using elsewhere, like putting in new shaded areas around the Gold Rush area. Lots of space there to make shaded seating..

• Like 1

You are right - with the exception that a show featuring a known quantity will draw existing fans of that known quantity - which is evidenced by the amount of people commenting on Dreamworld's social tagging their friends in exclaimations of OMG and talking about how they get to see him 'again', etc. etc.

Even if all of these are passholders, giving them a reason to get them through the gate does have a positive impact for the park. Big fans might stay for both shows, and grab some food in between. We don't know how large his fan base is, or how many 'extra' this will bring to the park. Not anywhere near what a blockbuster hyper coaster will do, but for cost vs. benefit, this show might actually give them a better return per guest than dropping $30 million.

On 12/03/2019 at 1:21 PM, Skeeta said:

So, what is MW offering these school holidays?

Umm did you not see what they offered last holidays..

- Aquaman Exhibition (World Exclusive)

-New Batmobile (also World Exclusive) 

- New character, Cyborg 

- Some what of a Scooby Doo refurbishment.

Not to forget the annual White Christmas event. 

Dreamworld....

so I think Movie World doesn’t need to do something til June/July Holidays.