Will Sky Voyager turn around Dreamworlds financial struggle once open?

Max Egan

I know this ride is taking forever to open, but these rides are amazing. After going on a few overseas i am very excited to have one here on the gold coast. It is a new experience and once word gets out it may spike a small rise in visitors. Fingers crossed that it spikes just enough to encourage future development.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't do motion simulators as I get nauseous from them. Nearly threw up after Transformers Singapore (but wanted to ride it again!).

But if there is something reasonable to follow SV (although highly unlikely), I'd get another season pass to the park in about 12 months time when our toddler is big enough to appreciate the place, and my son big enough to enjoy SV and maybe a few of the bigger rides.

Otherwise as above, I will wait until it is relocated.

4 hours ago, aaronm said:

If it was the first addition in a 3 year plan to refresh the attractions (i.e. Sky Voyager, one major flat ride or family coaster, two-three kiddie rides) I would be optimistic. Right now it seems like SV is the "ride most likely to be relocated when Dreamworld inevitably closes".

I don’t think they will relocate it, they will keep it and charge for each ride and build development around that as cost would be too high as it’s a ride that is built into a building

Edited by Rabbit2014

1 hour ago, Rabbit2014 said:

I don’t think they will relocate it, they will keep it and charge for each ride and build development around that as cost would be too high as it’s a ride that is built into a building

Really though - they got all those parts into the building. it wouldn't take much to take them out. The screen is probably the most laborious part, and even that wouldn't be hard to tear down and rebuild elsewhere.