Wipeout Removal

Brad2912

JThat’s so painful to see goodbye wipeout goodbye childhood .... Dreamworld is almost unrecognisable fuck ardent! Just sell to park to people who care about running it you just used it as a cash cow until you neglected it so much the money all dried up so sad  I might go for on last visit before they tear down the rest of the original parts of the park 

Edited by Themeparkfan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Transformation underway.... Theyll probably delay the opening for this exciting new area too! 

But imagine how awesome it will be when it does finally open! 

The seats will probably be the most comfortable you've ever sat on, and think about the shade too. Oh wow, what shade it will be! 

I just know it's gonna be worth the wait! 

21 minutes ago, yaark said:

Wonder how long it will take to deem the chairs too risky of kids standing on them and putting a cage over them to prevent an accident. As a double bonus though, the cage would act as a secondary shade solution for maximum shade effect!

I'm sure the cages will be in place right from the start. It's a brand new attraction, so they must have done their research on things like that. 

I hope the cages will be as good as the ones on the log ride! 

Shhh! I might have heard a rumour from an anonymous insider.

For only a small extra charge of  $165 per hour, you'll be able to upgrade your shade and seating experience. 

The lucky guests who purchase this special experience (to be marketed as "Cabanad 2.0") will be seated on the largest seats in the park  (on the floor), and will enjoy the very best shade in any theme park in the world, as well as the supreme luxury of total privacy (they'll be covered by their own private solid metal box).

To ensure that guests are able to enjoy this premium experience without being interrupted, the box will be secured with 2 large hardened steel padlocks for the duration of the hire period (available for 1, 2, or 3 hours).

The metal boxes will be so solid that no light can penetrate them, and I'm told they'll also be completely soundproof and airtight. 

To celebrate the opening, one lucky passholder will be chosen at random when they arrive on opening day, to receive a complementary 3 hour box hire! 😷

Edited by pushbutton

Yeah you are, it was a fantastic ride. Yes it wasn’t doing as well in its final years, but when it was running at full capacity and it did all its tricks and flips... amazing. I unfortunately didn’t first ride it until around 2014, soon after it’s major refurbishment but I would’ve loved to have ridden it in its early years. Such a shame to see it ago, but in reality it would’ve cost millions more to rebuild it from scratch it get it properly running at normal again 

• Like 5

On 11/04/2019 at 7:47 PM, themagician said:

Yeah you are, it was a fantastic ride. Yes it wasn’t doing as well in its final years, but when it was running at full capacity and it did all its tricks and flips... amazing. I unfortunately didn’t first ride it until around 2014, soon after it’s major refurbishment but I would’ve loved to have ridden it in its early years. Such a shame to see it ago, but in reality it would’ve cost millions more to rebuild it from scratch it get it properly running at normal again 

I'm the opposite. I only rode it in its early years. Every visit past 2012 or so, I always passed it by, knowing that 'I could ride it whenever'. Kinda now regret not riding it after that.

On 09/04/2019 at 6:00 PM, pushbutton said:

Shhh! I might have heard a rumour from an anonymous insider.

For only a small extra charge of  $165 per hour, you'll be able to upgrade your shade and seating experience. 

The lucky guests who purchase this special experience (to be marketed as "Cabanad 2.0") will be seated on the largest seats in the park  (on the floor), and will enjoy the very best shade in any theme park in the world, as well as the supreme luxury of total privacy (they'll be covered by their own private solid metal box).

@pushbutton - I hope you’re joking. This kinda happened to Tim and me at Adventure World. Our favourite sitting area was on the verandah, where it now costs $30 to reserve a table. Don’t give DW any ideas!

Reliability Engineer

Dreamworld3.9 out of 53.9 overall ratingMore jobs from this company

Job Information

Classification
EngineeringOther
Job Listing Date
9 Apr 2019
Work Type
Full Time

• Enjoy variety within your work and be part of an active team!
  • Unique, premier theme park environment 
  • Gold Coast location!
Home to the ‘Big 9’ thrill rides and some of the coolest waterslides on the planet, our worlds present a unique and diverse opportunity for a qualified and experienced Reliability Engineer to join our Technical Services team. 

The Reliability Engineer is responsible for carrying out a continuous review and analysis of Dreamworlds Maintenance Program to ensure the continued safe, reliable and cost-effective operation of amusement rides using all appropriate data sources. 

Key responsibilities will include:

• Co-ordination for the production and publication of Amusement Ride Reliability Reports
  • Timely evaluation of allocated service literature including cost analysis and consideration of global experience
  • Responsible for reviewing the reliability program for effectiveness
  • Review of data integrity through reporting processes
  • Review policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure compliance
  • Carry out monitoring and analysis of engineering on-time performance
  • Identify defective components and co-ordinate corrective action
  • Ensure capture of any repetitive defect and instruct corrective action
  • Timely review of task interval recommendations within maintenance program for effectiveness and recommend changes through the Technical Review Committee
  • Coordinate Reliability Review Committee Meetings
  • Participate in relevant Manufacturer Forums and Symposiums
  • Perform root cause failure analysis or failure mode effect analysis to help prevent failures
  • Lead improvement and HAZOP workshops to identify ongoing improvement
  • Assist in the development of Continuing Compliance Performance Indicators (CCPI)
  • Assist in implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives including policies, procedures, stock control and maintenance improvements. 
  • Research and recommend innovative, where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
The ideal candidate will have: 
  • Bachelor Degree with a technical major such as reliability engineering or engineering (preferably in the Electrical or Mechatronics discipline)
  • Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a reliability and/or engineering role
  • An understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance Concepts and the regulations and standards applicable to Amusement Rides
  • Demonstrated well developed verbal and written skills; interpersonal and presentation skills; and shows a strong commitment to confidentiality in all communications
  • Advanced Microsoft Office skills coupled with the ability to quickly learn internal software programs used within the department. 
  • Strong administration and organisational skills with high level of attention to detail; 
  • Demonstrates a commitment to delivering exceptional service to both external and internal customers
  • Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise effectively and work successfully under competing deadlines and multiple objectives whilst remaining positive and enthusiastic in the workplace Ability to work under pressure, prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines; 
  • Demonstrated ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports that can be easily accessed when required. Ability to rapidly input data and retrieve records and information
  • Strong attention to detail and well-developed organisation and problem-solving skills in a high-volume environment.
If you enjoy variety and the dynamics of an active team environment, and would take pride in making a positive contribution to maintaining the world class standard of Australia’s favourite family theme park, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. 

APPLY NOW ONLINE – dreamworld.com.au/employment

23 minutes ago, Slick said:

Ah, so someone in HR didn't get the memo. It happens. All the consumer facing ends are fine.

Hot tip - if you apply, I wouldn't mention it - probably not the best first impression to make.

DW would be the last place  I would work.

Edited by Archer