Sea World - New Ride 2020

themagician

I woodn't have a clue what they're doing. I hope they do remove vikings soon though. repurpose the stationhouse into something useful and remove the rest of the track, or just level the entire area (with obvious care taken not to impact storm or Jet Rescue.

Personally I think it'd be a nice tribute if they kept the stationhouse and somehow transformed it into something reminiscent of Vikings (the ride or the people, it doesn't matter). A bit of external theming - maybe a coffee house, merch store...?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I woodn't have a clue what they're doing.

I see what you did there. A wooden coaster for 2020 seems to be the going rumour. If that's the case, a GCI family thrill coaster (like InvadR, or, Joris en de Draak) would be a perfect fit for Seaworld. InvadR proves that a vikings theme works well with a wooden coaster. It would be cool to see the vikings revenge theme revived. What ever it is, I feel as if the 2020 attraction needs to be a major headline attraction - to fill the gap that Sea Viper/Corkscrew created when it was demolished.

• Richard changed the title to Sea World - New Ride 2020
9 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

There is an option in place for Sky Flyer to maybe become permanent... but who knows what will happen in regards to that

If they decide they want one of these styles on a permanent basis, i'd rather they purchased a park model direct from the manufacturer. Nothing against the travelling version or the current showman who owns it - but i'd prefer sea world didn't stray into 'ekka' territory, so to speak.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Yeah I don’t think it will be particularly similar to SV. Guess it depends what you categorise as “similar”. 

it has a movie, and you sit in a seat to watch it. Also, The Roxy is similar. So is Event Cinemas. And your loungeroom. All the SkyVoyagers!

I'm fine for Travelling rides to fill a void in a Park while something better is in the works. So long as it is in perfect shape and can be integrated well into the landscape, much as SW has done. Long term however, SW absolutely needs a Giant, permanent version of one of these rides, that would compliment the popular seaside amusement Park vista coming end of next year.

DW really should take note and  only need look to their own passed with this too. Right now they need to fill gaps in their line up, while getting SV ready and other rides fixed, put in some travelling temps (like a KMG in the former Wipeout spot) that  would absolutely help right now. Affordably so too.

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

In an effort to nip this in the bud before it becomes a thousand pages long... let's talk about 2020 wooden coasters (or whatever) in this thread, but 2019 domes (or whatever) over here:

If 2020 is a woody???????????????? this will become a thousand pages on it's own.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...