Jackson13Walasek

Dreamworld Future Lab (Corroboree)

18 posts in this topic

From Dreamworlds Facebook page

”The Queensland Government today announced it will inject $2.7million dollars into Dreamworld, helping expand the Corroboree area with a world-class research facility. 

The Dreamworld Future Lab will be the first of its kind in Queensland and will help support Dreamworld’s conservation drive. See it begin to take shape soon.”

2621D407-2D80-4321-AA6B-1074921360BC.png

• Like 3
  • Fountain of Improbability 1

This would’ve been better to announce during Wipeouts closure but I get that it’s a government announcement so it’s never really anticipated.

Why is there a kid with a football in a bush?

Why is there a guy with two wives?

Why is Sky Voyager still not open?

20FA30A0-957B-41A6-AFCB-6D0EBFE2A5B0.png

550FE16B-7915-4316-B3F4-E2E87791BDC9.png

And of course, my favourite comment

“Can they throw in an extra few dollars to open the ride that’s been going to open since last year 🤔

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Why is there a kid with a football in a bush?

Just like me he takes his balls everywhere he goes.

6 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Why is there a guy with two wives?

This is Frank.  Frank has 2 daughters.

8 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Why is Sky Voyager still not open?

DW have no money, so from now on the Queensland Government will be paying for all future expansions.

I have a question of my own.

Why do people rush to create new topics without checking if we already have one @Jackson13Walasek?

• Haha 2

Oh yay another thing added to Dreamworld that 

1) will no doubt be built as cheap and charmless as possible

2) isn’t a ride. 

Hey on the the plus side it will be hard to kill 4 guests with this attraction and they might actually be allowed to open it. 

5 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Except DW will release a disease from a koala that wipes out the world.  

A lot of koalas already have a disease, chlamydia. As for wiping out the world with it I am not sure if it is possible as I am not a doctor.

On 09/07/2017 at 6:20 PM, ThemeTendo said:

That's not the entirety of Stage 2, it's the 'key feature'. (or that's what I'm calling it) Just like the humpy/Corroboree Theatre was the key feature of Stage 1.

I'm hoping this "Future Lab" takes up the old Skylink station area. (oh and has a better name than Future Lab when it opens)

Dreamworld works with the local and federal Government as well as Indigenous groups to design and develop everything within Corroboree.

I believe we've been talking about this for years.

In the end it seems the QLD Government will be paying for the whole Corroboree through many stages.

Edited by Skeeta

This is great for koalas....for guests though??

They need to think of the bigger pictures, parks that are successful with this kind of wildlife conservation area, for example Ocean Park Hong Kong (bar all controversy, just the first park that came to mind), do well because they offer both wildlife experiences and a heck of a lotta rides!

Just my opinion but I think this would fair better at places like Australia Zoo or Lone Pine Sanctuary where the animal experience is the experience! Or Dreamworld could you know, open some rides, say Sky Voyager and bring the public back with two new exciting things, a ride and a wildlife area. But I'm probably being too negative so ignore me!!

• Like 1

Interestingly, I can't find any references to the Future Lab on the parks website. Is is still happening and was an approx opening date ever announced?

EDIT: Maybe this will form part of their master plan and construction won't begin until that's been released

Edited by themagician