Which ticket system is better??

macboy

Guys.. Long time viewer, first time poster! Just wondering what you would prefer, a flat fee with unlimited rides (like most major Aussie parks) or a token system (like luna park) The reason why I ask is last time I went to MovieWorld, I had a blast with my 2 kids, but the wife had a bad back and didn’t ride 1 thing the whole day. She still had to pay the full entry fee! I know Wonderland had many issues, but could it have survived if they offered free entry and then sold tokens for ride?? Your Thoughts?

It depends on the park and what it has to offer really. I think the Gold Coast parks would ideally be $10 or so cheaper to get into, but that's what tourists do. Now, a park like Scenic World in the Blue Mountains I consider to be an absolute ripoff. You pay $14 per ride. Go on all three (the Skyway will be back soon enough) and you've paid nearly $40.00 for three rides and no more than about 45 minutes of entertainment - whereas an hour away at Wonderland you paid about the same for a day's entertainment. On the other hand, if it were say $20 for unlimited rides all day at Scenic World, I'd probably be less tempted to purchase one, because to me they're only worth a single ride, maybe two at the most. In this situation, it's a matter of lowering the price to something more reasonable - $5.00 per ride would be pushing it I pesonally think. For $14 per ride I'd expect Orphan Rocker to be an Intamin mega coaster. Then there's Merimbula's Magic Mountain. This park is around a $30 entrance fee. The only rides terribly interesting are the Diamond Python (nothing great and wears off after only a few rides) and the Mountain Slide, which is genuinely great. I went last time and paid the $30 entry fee to spend all of two hours in the park. I don't feel I was ripped off, but I think in this situation pay-per-ride and wristbands for unlimited rides are the ideal way to go. I liked it, but I'm passing through there again in about a week's time yet I'm not tempted to visit again. The Luna Parks both offer tokens but there is a wristband option. Given these parks are reasonably large, if you're spending more than an hour or so they are definitely the way to go, meaning that I think these parks are ideally "wristband" parks. You'll get your money's worth and feel satisfied having effectively paid an entrance fee. Aussie World on the Sunshine Coast offers tokens and wristbands. I've been there using both, and I can confidently say that this again is a token park, because I just didn't feel that I really got my money's worth. The wristbands are around $25 and only last three hours, which had me running out of things to do after little over an hour, including a round of minigolf. I might think differently if their pseudo-toboggan style ride were included in the cost, but it's not. Go tokens here I say, because the Wild Mouse is the only ride worthy of really riding. At the end of the day, I think it's entirely subjective, and varies from park to park. Some parks work better with one and not the other. In regards to your circumstance at Movie World with your family. I personally don't think the complaint for me would be that guests who don't or can't ride shouldn't have to pay as much, it should be about why there isn't enough for them to do in the park. Once upon a time Warner Bros. Movie World was a park full of shows and street entertainment with some tame rides thrown in on the sides. These tamer attractions seem to be disappearing at a reasonably quick rate to make way four the "easily marketed" thrill rides. I can name two shows/tame rides right off the cuff that there is no reason for them (or a modernised replacement) not to be operating - the western stunt show and the studio tour. Cheapness on Warner Village Theme Parks' behalf is responsible for this, because there is no genuine reason that either of these can't be operating as we speak.

Pity about your wife,Mac,and Rich's right. Although I can't exactly remember back that far ,Warner should have more stuff to do apart from rides,but it does need those rides.I personaly prefer the full payment.The only time I've used otherwise was at my school fate,but they usually have about 2-3 good rides so I guess my experience does count. $14 bucks?Tough break Rich,that's a heck of a rip.Aussie world is curently $6,wich is okay,but it actually has good rides,and It's annoying when your out of change and there are still lot's of good ride to check out.They shoul offer armbands too.

Aussie World offers quite a bit if you like flat rides. It actually surprised me how many flat rides the park has in its arsenal. Add the fact that they all look well maintained and your pretty much in flat ride heaven :) About the studio tour: It was closed because guests were leaving the trams and walking onto 'hot' sets and wasting crews time. Apparently people just didn't understand it was a real studio.

To tell you the truth, i really think Movie World is a smack bang rip-off. When there are shows (i think 1 or 3) they are allright, when there is a ride (WWF, BTR, LW, SDSC) they are above average for an Australian Park in terms of themeing. But there are not enough of them. I mean when people go to "Hollywood on the Goldcoast", they should go and see the studio tour.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the ride selection there, but I was done with every ride there in an hour or so. There's only so many times you can reride a swinging chair ride or dodgem cars, and I believe that number for most people is once in any given visit. I don't think anyone in their right mind would actually buy tokens for these rides - you just do them because you've paid for the wristband, and they're sitting right there, and Wild Mouse does get boring after a while. Discussion of Warner Bros. Movie World and "value for money" has been moved to the Warner Bros. Movie World thread and can be seen here.

i like luna parks sytem which allows people to walk in the park for a look around ro to go to the cafe's etc, and you pay seperate fees for ride and unlimited ride passes. Wonderland wouldnt of survived that way becasue its out of reach from main tourist areas, luna apark is in the middle of a tourist area, sydney city, the harbour bridge etc, so people can walk in and out when they please but it's not like that for wonderland.

Kneobels i reckon is the best pay as you go park.Maximum ticket price was $2.00 for the twister coaster.The group that i was with we spent probaly over $600.00 worth of tickets because they had some great flat rides and two great woody's which you could have ridden all day long. It was also nested in a picnic and camping setting,very friendly atmosphere. By paying as you go it pays for parking and brings down the cost of food.Saying that it was some of the best and probaly one of the cheapist of any park in the world.At Knoebels you get pretty good value. Compared to say BuschGardens Williamsburg where you pay a fortune $42.00 Entry fee $10.00 for Parking or $13.00 if you want to park near the front gate.Another $20.00 Per person on food plus gifts,Onride photos.In a disappointing atmosphere.

• 1 month later...