Survey 2003

joz

Hi, Well for one thing they could use a few more new ( adult) rides. I know it's a SEA park but honestly, the last ride that went in there was the Bermuda Triangle & that was how many years ago? I've found most of the park wonderful & there are some nice eateries there too...a bit pricey, but we are a captive audience right? :D

hey JOZ you not getting the people to fill out your survey that all the staff at warner village parks got ;) Just joking dude but what I wrote was a mcdonalds in the employee dining room and a mini me for Austin powers I would pay money to watch that audition

hey JOZ you not getting the people to fill out your survey that all the staff at warner village parks got ;)
lol, of course not ;) Well yes, but I thought it was quite a good question, and since people seem to single out Seaworld as the park that needs the most improvement, I thought I'd make the question an open one. Since I'm making a post, I thought I'd ask which ride system you'd like, and where you'd put it (remembering the limited space which Seaworld has to work with). Any food and beverage suggestions would also be welcome :D .

Food & Beverage... my favourite! :) Well, you know my 'thing' for the Movie World 'Catburger'. Sea World seriously does need a chicken burger, similar to the Movie World Catburger (the Wet'n'Wild one didn't really do it for me, the chicken wasn't very good quality, and the barbeque sauce isn't to my liking). The quality of their Chicken & Chips meal was fantastic though. Great chicken, and the boneless breast was quite a surprise. Aside from food, I think Sea World does really need some form of new ride, that gives them more dimensions. To me, there are only a few rides that can be built at Sea World easily, and realistically. An Impulse - this has been talked about before, and it could easily work. There's a nice strip of land that runs down the side of Bermuda Triangle, on the Corkscrew side. This would give them a much needed thrill ride, with a clean pricetag, and not need attractions to be moved/removed. Australian first - meaning world first as far as most Aussies care. Everything that Tower of Terror is, plus more - gives them a much more competitive approach. A Mack or Premier Water/Liquid coaster. The removal of the aging Bermuda Triangle would free up a lot of land for an improved water ride. The theming of SeaWorld Orlando's Journey to Atlantis would fit very well at Sea World. Looking at photos of Bermuda Triangle, there appears to be easily enough land here to build such a ride. The Atlantis theming would almost be a continuation of Bermuda Triangle's theming. They'd have to be careful not to make it too similar to Wild West Falls (in ride experience, not theming, obviously). If they could market it as a rollercoaster, with some wet splashdowns as 'added thrills', they'd be right. Put a pricetag of $16m+ on this one (and for my idea to work, they'd probably have to approach Anheuser-Busch, and in all honesty, that isn't John Menzies' way of doing things).

And that is the direction that they're going to take the park. (Most of the rides stuff I suggested was dreaming rather than suggestions, and I think joz knows that :D). The thing that has to be remembered is that they can't develop attractions that might make another park's attractions redundant. Sadly, that's probably what my Journey to Atlantis would do, and the Impulse too, to a lesser extent. They do have to keep each park unique, or the Three Park Savers wouldn't be terribly appealing. Maybe that's why they don't have a chicken burger at Sea World. :P

Yeah, I don't think they would get rid of Bermuda Triangle though, simply because it is such an expensive ride and in all fairness isn't too bad. However, something like Jorney to Atlantis elsewhere in the park would be good, they can probably get away with multiple water rides as it does fir in the "sea"world. How much room do they have?

How much room do they have?
It goes like this: Movieworld/Wet'n'Wild 251 acres Wonderland 219 acres Dreamworld 200 Seaworld 86 acres (and you thought Cedar Point had a space problem ;) ) The land across the road from the public has been zoned for 'Low rise resort style development', the park is not allowed to expand into the Broadwater any further, the land north of the park is blocked off by Seaworld Nara, and the land south is currently subject to a native title claim (See what your up against?) The only pockets of free space left in the park are in between the Corkscrew and Bermuda; & between Water Park and Polar Bear shores, plus the plot of the land where the thrillseeker used to be. The only real option for new rides is to remove old ones, or to be creative with the available land (such as running an Impulse track opposite cartoon beach). So far I've got a good quality chicken burger, and more focus on family experience (and the idea for a Mcdonald's as the new staff canteen from Rabid :D )..... What else?

• 3 months later...

Well serious here, last time i went (2 years ago) the place was like a maze to navigate your way around. It might only be a small park but it has a heck of a lot of walk ways. To get anywhere you have to always double back, go around in cirlcles, over bridges, under tunnels and half the paths lead to dead ends anyway and not to mention that doplphine cove is a mile away from everything else. A prime example is in the middle of the park around cartoon beach and the water rides. There are seriously tracks heading everywhere!! it is such a jumbel and for someone without my navagation skills :D you could be there for hours trying to get to the ride you want :) They have way to much squished in. At seaworld you are iether in an overcrowed area or in almost a desert area! And don't get me started on their public transport sytem........ Anyway just my opinion :) Shaun

I know what your talking about, and I must say I agree with ya. I think the navagation problem at Seaworld is due too one main thing, the Plaza. Since the park wants people to walk through the plaza (walking closer to gift shops) it does make going through the whole area a bit confusing. The area near catroon beach will probably be cleaned up a bit when/if the seal enclosure gets moved. I do agree with you though Wipeout, allot of people can't find their way around that area, perhaps improved signage would help? The park is also making things close to Dolphin Cove (moving the entrance to the 3D theater to the back of the castle, having costume character appearences near the dolphin pools that way), plus theres the water park right next door. As for the transport system, the only thing I think needs to be done there is to have a station (monorail or train) near Corkscrew. But I could (and probably am) wrong.

I'm glad you agree Joz I didn't even think about the plaza, but your right! What a mess there! I didn't even think of that. The only time I go to the plaza is when i'm entering or leaving the park and I sorta forget it's there and never go near it. It reminds me of the MCG when you walk through it.:) Youv'e got those express type fast food outlets on the left and a big grandstand on your right and that's not really the atmosphere I'm after when i go to a theme park. Does the area get used much during the afternoon? Anyway Shaun

I think your talking about the Top Terrace, which personally I think is one of the nicer spots to sit down. You get a nice overview of the park, with a little Cafe', fast food outlet and a couple of shops. Its normally only busy between 12 & 1.30 (For the Ski Show + Lunch) and sometimes a little bit in the afternoon. I'm not quite sure what your talking about as far as a difficult place to find your way around, but I'm sure it is in some way? I was talking about the plaza in the middle of the park, which is in the same of area as Cartoon Beach.

Lol Ok I'm with you now..... I was maening the 'top Terrace' When you first walk into Seaworld it sorta feels liks a shopping center or like I said the first time the MCG, because it is so crowed at the beginning of the day and it's all like shops and....... you know stuff :) I just want to get out of all that so i just keep walking untill I get out of the place, 'Which way to the theme park?' Maybe it's just me but the entrances to all the other theme parks are very open and welcoming and set the scene/mood of the park. Dreamworld is a classic example. it's got the nice big open entrance with the nice big pond, all the colourfull flowers and entertainers and the nice big roads that lead off into diffrn't directions of the park. Anyway Seaworld is a great park i'm just a perfectionist, that's all :) Shaun

• 6 months later...