Dreamworld CEO talks thrill ride replacements off the back of Ardent Leisure cash injection

Parkz News

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

[snip]

Personally, I think an amazing new woody would impress the market, and give one hell of a WOW on the highway (especially if it were to overtake most of the old goldrush, blue lagoon and BB ampitheatre area) - but they better get in quick before someone else steals the idea...

How many years have we been asking for this? A while before the TRRR incident, that's for sure. As for you saying "before someone else steals the idea", I for one wouldn't mind the "arms race" restarting.

54 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

I don't care if it's Sea World or Dream World, a Lech style Vekoma would be great.

Edited by Glubbo

13 hours ago, Glubbo said:

How many years have we been asking for this?

Correct, however prior to the demolition of GoldRush, there wasn't space in the park that would have an impact. We spoke a while back about something over the island, but so far back it doesn't have that 'wow'.

Dreamworld recently marketed using a park 'silhouette' (that accidentally had Superman Escape in it) - imagine the Skyline if it had the entrance, flanked by a giant woody on one side, HWSW on the other, with ToT behind!

14 hours ago, Glubbo said:

How many years have we been asking for this?

True but it wasn't to MW lifted the bar with Rivals that anybody thought it was a possibility in Australia.

14 hours ago, Glubbo said:

I don't care if it's Sea World or Dream World, a Lech style Vekoma would be great.

It looks like a solid replacement for HWSW but not a trophy coaster.  How does it ride?

Edited by Skeeta

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

imagine the Skyline if it had the entrance, flanked by a giant woody on one side, HWSW on the other, with ToT behind!

It would be fantastic, but by the time they order, construct and open a woodie, would TOT2 and HWSW have more than a couple of years of life left in them?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It would be fantastic, but by the time they order, construct and open a woodie, would TOT2 and HWSW have more than a couple of years of life left in them?

I thought that was the idea of getting a new thrill ride.  To replace the poop ones.

Edited by Skeeta

12 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

true, but the skyline impact would look amazing, and hopefully iconic enough that when they remove something old, it prompts them again to replenish with something new and just as iconic...