New thrill rides: six ways Dreamworld can win back fans

29 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Its funny that you mention that there appear to be no plans to build  further Raptors.

Not Raptors.  No plans for anybody to build a T-rex which would come very close to, if not knocking off a RMC Hybrid from my number 1 spot.

@DJKostyaThe only problem I have with T-rex is it's a prototype which would only add more bad publicity for DW if it had major delays.

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Not Raptors.  No plans for anybody to build a T-rex which would come very close to, if not knocking off a RMC Hybrid from my number 1 spot.

Apologies- my bad. 

Just looking at the official RMC website, there is no mention of T-rex track or product anywhere on the website- not in products offered or even as an addendum under the Raptor track section. Whilst that may not mean that much in the overall scheme of things, it could mean that they have gone cold on the concept for now . Of course ,it could also mean that they simply will not add it to their product range until there IS actually an installation.

Also RMC have been extremely busy over the last 2 years, with significant projects being completed and upcoming. This could impact their marketing of the new concept and their willingness or ability to deliver one in the next 18 months or 2 years.

Given that the Raptor track  and concept is still relatively  new with only 2 coasters built, this could be a matter if waiting until the right concept and park comes a knocking. As has been stated, it would be great if that park was Dreamworld.

On 17/05/2019 at 4:06 PM, Jobe said:

As I havent seen anyone on these boards stating that they have ridden the two Raptor's in existence, Wonder Woman and Railblazer, I did think it a pertinent question to ask.

I've done Wonder Woman and it is an amazing experience. What it lacks in height it makes up for ride experience. You don't need height for a great coaster and the raptors are proof of this.

• Like 1

I think a Raptor would be a good ride to -'Squeeze in'. If Cyclone is nearly at end of life and the long term plan for that space is a coaster, a Raptor there would be a superb choice. But I also think something bigger in the current vacant land is where the real fertile ground in turning the park around is too be had. A Raptor would be one of the coasters on the Coast, possibly the best, but I also worry that the general public wouldn't recognise it and just view it as a 'mini coaster'.

• Like 2

On 14/05/2019 at 10:49 AM, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

DC Rivals is one of the best rollercoasters in the world.

Not even close mate, sorry.

On 15/05/2019 at 1:20 PM, Jobe said:

Also has anyone on the pages actually ridden a Raptor? I would like to hear first hand of the ride experience!

I've ridden the one in Texas. It is a fantastic ride but the throughput is very limited. I'd have thought something high capacity would be a better fit for Dreamworld.

Being realistic, I think a good fit for Dreamworld would be a new generation Vekoma – any of the below would work. Before anyone asks, I have ridden Lech Coaster and it's an absolute masterpiece.

https://rcdb.com/11034.htm
https://rcdb.com/14492.htm
https://rcdb.com/15998.htm 

• Like 4