Dreamworld Winterfest

Winterfest is Coming

29 June - 21 July

Skate into the coolest place this winter.

Dreamworld will be touched with a snowfall of wonder as the first EVER Winterfest toboggans into Australia’s biggest theme park between Saturday 29 June – Sunday 21 July.

Pull up your winter woollies and get ready for the best winter experience on the Gold Coast!

Visit bit.ly/2vVxKoE for more information

F22189C4-E5EE-4298-877A-470950507FFA.png

499101BF-EFB6-4019-A1FF-B598CAF8473E.jpeg

• Like 4

Good to see that the park is continuously got events happening at the park. Universal and Disney constantly have things happening as is part of the reason why people go back so much. VRTP don’t do anything like this, so it’s something that could make a trip to DW more exciting and to give reason to keep going back as well 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

VRTP don’t do anything like this

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.png.f553267dd7e270a94ef9ac41a3d7fd26.png

"Dreamworld launches its inaugural Winterfest celebration".

It's not really inaugural if DW has done it before.

0717-1_Winter-Wonderla_03.thumb.jpg.7b2d3a85eabb12520aa2c9f63755854e.jpg

I'm still waiting on Mr Osborne  to bring something new to the table because as far as I can see, new CEO same old DW.

"Australia’s BIGGEST theme park"

Always makes me chuckle when I see this.

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, themagician said:

I know VRTP do those events, but they don’t constantly have something going. Lately DW had Cosentino, now ABC Kids Month, next Winter thing

I prefer quality over quantity. At best in my opinion Cosentino, ABC Kids Month and winterfest are mediocre compared to fright nights, white Christmas and Carnivale. However the biggest difference and advantage Dreamworld has with their (current) events is they are free with minimal up-charges, extras and upgrades. 

*Lols last time I went to fright nights I spent over $150 and that was not including the entry ticket

Edited by TomiJ
Got bored writing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I know VRTP do those events, but they don’t constantly have something going. Lately DW had Cosentino, now ABC Kids Month, next Winter thing

Constantly - like the winterfest thing that doesn't start until the 29th of June?

ABC Kids Month went from May 6th and ends on June 6th

Cosentino was from April 6-21.

What did they do before Cosentino?

Village also has many things going that they don't advertise a lot - Like chinese new year at Movie World - but you're right - they aren't introducing new, limited time entertainment every 6 weeks or so - because when they introduce something new - it tends to stick around for a year or more...Like sky flyer, thunder lake, creatures of the deep, WnW Buggy.

I will join you in congratulating Dreamworld for trying to fill the void left by the loss of an entire themed land, one of the gold coast's best flat rides, four lives, and the delayed opening of what was supposed to be their saviour.

But I don't agree that it in any way puts them on par or better than what VRTP are doing. There's a reason why MW hasn't had much in the way of entertainment filler lately...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, AlexB said:

I will join you in congratulating Dreamworld for trying to fill the void l

I'm glad DW are doing something but I still believe DW’s ideas are bottom shelf as I’ve seen Ice Skating in shopping centres before.  DW’s entertainment is not what I would expect to see at a theme park but what I would expect to see at Westfield and it’s time for DW to come up with a permanent show.   

The Bushranger show was a great step forward but than some idiot took away the main prop (TRAIN).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Slick said:

Such as?

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

A permanent show.  

Instead of fill ins by Westfield entertainment corporation.

DW have an amphitheatre and it's about time DW put it to work.

Let's turn it around and what would people prefer at MW?

(A) Police Acadamy Stunt Show

(B) Ice Skating for 2 weeks.

Edited by Skeeta

The Cosentino show was widely panned on here, but the General Public appeared to love it.

They are making an effort and giving people a reason to (a) go back at all & (b) go back again.

Something like a stunt show isn't going to happen overnight, whereas 'rent a rink' is easier (I assume) to organise. 

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Let's turn it around and what would people prefer at MW?

(A) Police Acadamy Stunt Show

(B) Ice Skating for 2 weeks.

giphy.gif

They need both a regular show that is equivalent to police Acadamy Stunt Show and free small monthly events like Cosentino, ice skating and abc kids month. 

C. Bigger events similar to frights nights

Edited by TomiJ

39 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Agreed.

But this new found effort (or is it back peddling over the SkyVoyager issues) has only recently appeared. So my comment of 'overnight' is based on that sudden lack of inaction from the park.

Is it really a new found effort?

I'm seeing the same old DW because everything I've seen so far DW has done before.  Until Skeet sees something solid I will continue to be questioning DW's efforts.

Promises and bottom shelf events.   (besides Cosentino)😀

• Like 1

I mean you’ve had Greg now in there running the place for what? Two weeks?? And we already see a decent event announced. 

Given he was one of the major driving forces behind how much Fright Nights has grown, could this be the beginning of some solid night even offerings at Dreamworld?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Is it really a new found effort?

I'm seeing the same old DW because everything I've seen so far DW has done before.  Until Skeet sees something solid I will continue to be questioning DW's efforts.

Promises and bottom shelf events.   (besides Cosentino)😀

I am 100% with Skeeta on this one. DW keep making announcements and promises and dont deliver.

Lazy River....where is it?

SV last Xmas........still waiting, how embarrassing what a joke.

and many other examples.

DW have real problems and need real solutions sooner rather than later. ......... not just a night event every couple of months or a couple of bits of ice for a month.