Dreamworld Winterfest

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Honestly, while i have no basis for this, I think Brad's ~6 week timeframe for them to at least announce something in response to Sea World's big reveal is probably necessary.

To right it's necessary.  The only reason SW announced Atlantis was to get a free kick.  DW did the same thing with Sky Voyager and people purchased season passes thinking it would be open. (that ended well)

14 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Callander ... will lead the development of a new masterplan for Dreamworld.

It's high time that they actually had one. Previous installations haven't fitted this mould, and have just been a case of 'plonk this where it fits' - I've seen masterplans for other parks, and while not all of it came to fruition, due to changing technology and budget, such a document gives them a direction. While we haven't seen a masterplan for Dreamworld since (i think) the White Water World stage expansions, I have no idea what they were doing with many of their previous installs.

1 hour ago, red dragin said:

I think Greg's appointment might be enough for us to park the "Dreamworld Acres Estate" option for the future of the park for a while. 

Given that his role is described as 'on the ground' - park ops, food and bev, right down to cleaning and grounds gives me great confidence we should see a lot of positive changes. Hopefully Greg brings some of his VRTP strategies (such as the world's tiniest microphone social media streams) to the park, which should open the communication channels and share 'what is the park doing' with the general public. More open communications (with follow through) is one of the big things Dreamworld needs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

It's high time that they actually had one.

DW have been talking about a master plan for years and here we are.  DW has been through a few master plans since 2016 and not one of them has stuck.  Crazy times.

2 hours ago, red dragin said:

I think Greg's appointment might be enough for us to park the "Dreamworld Acres Estate" option for the future of the park for a while. 

Nope.  All words and no action so far.  His appointment hopefully gets things on track "BUT" if Ardent bound his hands it will be the same old DW. 

Edited by Skeeta

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Nope.  All words and no action so far.  His appointment hopefully gets things on track "BUT" if Ardent bound his hands it will be the same old DW. 

I doubt Greg would have left VRTP without firm assurances as to what change he will be able to lead at DW, especially considering he would have been involved in the planning of Atlantis @ SW. 

• Like 4

On 27/05/2019 at 10:35 AM, AlexB said:

It's going to be on VRTP to ensure the projected opening dates are as close as possible to that promised in the release. its completely doable, but they need to remember what the weather does on the coast, and not plan to start things too late...

They just threw labour at it to work into the night to get rivals open roughly when they said they would after that delay. I imagine if they announce a big deadline with a slick looking commercial, if it's looking like running over again on another build they'd get the lights up and crack the whip 24/7 if they could to make it happen, rather than shelve the build up like what has happened with sky voyager.

• Like 1

Capacity of $1800 an hour. Even if they ran 11-4, thats potential for $9000 a day.

I'm not sure they will fill those sessions, except maybe on big weekends - unless of course they hang Cosentino up in the middle of the rink.

I'm glad they're trying to fill the gap - $15 just seems too much IMO.