New Helicopter Centre Coming to Sea World

11 minutes ago, Naazon said:

If you take a helicopter at night, does it count as a dark ride?

Maybe if it was inside the new helicopter shed, and it was at Dreamworld, it might be something some of the Dreamworld management  (or former management) might consider to be a dark ride. 

It's not though of course. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing... putting the pads outside the gate means they expand their potential audience as you don't need a park ticket to ride... I'm wondering though whether the captive market inside the park will be as 'impulsive' at taking a ride when its all the way outside the gates...

• Like 1

With the current placement of it, you can still ride the helicopter without a park ticket. A mate and I did it a couple years ago and he didn’t have a pass. Instead you walk through a part of back stage and into a small room, where they then take you through a staff corridor and then you are in the park. They walk you to the helicopter centre and after the experience they guide you back out.

I imagine they will still be keeping the current ticketing booth for it within the park, but you’ll have to exit the park to actual get to the helicopter 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
13 hours ago, themagician said:

there’s a very bright led screen above the helicopter booth installed 

No doubt just an upgrade to their advertising to try and catch more punters. 

It's insanely expensive for what they offer... But you can charter a chopper from SW to take you to Topgolf for a night with the boys, and have them pick you up when you're done for a few thousand. I assume they'd land in the MW helipad though...