Sea World to reveal $50m spend

4 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Off topic then, what is happening with say residential blocks, where the sewer inspection pipe ends sticking high up out of the ground after a few years?

Time to get a new sewer.    It doesn't settle enough by itself to build on.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.jpg.4375225d9cfb942fa4d6533116fc6c33.jpg

Hey @pushbutton what is going to happen to the monorail?

42 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Time to get a new sewer.    It doesn't settle enough by itself to build on.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.jpg.4375225d9cfb942fa4d6533116fc6c33.jpg

Hey @pushbutton what is going to happen to the monorail?

Nothing much for now by the sound of it, but they don't seem to have any plans to do anything with it. Considering it was the first  (and is now the last) monorail system in Australia, that's a serious concern.

I won't be at all surprisedif it quietly disappears soon after  (or even before) Atlantis opens.

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

I want the monorail to breakthrough a big ass waterfall as it enters Atlantis.

A very cool idea, but probably not ideal. The no-doubt chlorinated water probably wouldn't be a good fit for the monorail's exterior, not to mention the lack of aircon also means that most people would have their windows open.

still, a very cool idea... perhaps they could fit a glass roof to the exit of the tunnel so guests see it, but don't get wet?

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Does somebody have a photo in birds eye view of the model?

i'm guessing that might be @Slick you want to talk to. I assume the model doesn't show the monorail, judging by the image Richard linked to...

19 minutes ago, AlexB said:

still, a very cool idea...

All my ideas are cool. 😊

20 minutes ago, AlexB said:

perhaps they could fit a glass roof to the exit of the tunnel so guests see it, but don't get wet?

A glass tunnel would be a great compromise. 

To tell you the truth monorails Suck with a capital S and I'm trying to think of ways to make them interesting. 

I've seen a few interesting things glossed over so for people who were at the reveal do you have the (goods) information?

4.thumb.JPG.2d4a9d5421dcc53e195e09b1f6e27347.JPG

Do we have a timeline on the Light Rail station?

6.thumb.JPG.68cde8de7a44d73045086744270a9ee6.JPG

Is the new SW entry a replacement of the Main gate or an extra entry point for the new resort?

8.thumb.JPG.f9fbb2abd3d0c913b61ad313cb991881.JPG

Who is building the new resort? 

Edited by Skeeta

10 hours ago, MickeyD said:

.. and where is the Carpark going for all this? Assuming they are planning something like Disney with a multi level Car Park? 

Looks like the carpark is still there... just heavily planted (probably just artist's impression, but PLANT INTEGRITY was a big part of their announcement, so it could be legit...)

image.png.bf833eec3acf180672e282d1989b6a4e.png

• Like 1

Waiting to build on reclaimed ground is often to prove it's stable. Most councils usually have some sort of time frame attached where the site is surveyed on top of the engineers report before it's built on. What sort of land was built upon, water levels, courses, fill type, etc, it can all change . Maybe instead of compact, "settle" would be a better word?

I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was a money thing for seaworld though. Plans in the works and budgeted that might have ended up elsewhere, then with the accident at dreamworld, the hit to the industry, etc, might have put them back 5 or so years vs what was planned.

Edited by Levithian