Sea World to reveal $50m spend

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Seems Bikash is still excited

Someone needs to photoshop this for him.

c__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetex

I've seen some of his posts, and i've seen him get excited over a little package in the mail. all will be told in good time i guess.

10 hours ago, pushbutton said:
  1. I think it's going to be something absolutely amazing -
  2. could be something fairly good - 
  3. I'm guessing Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster is going to be revamped (properly this time) 🏰

1 & 2 do not go together.

As for 3, this has been discussed, stabbed, burned, killed, mummified, burned again, the ashes have been pissed on, then buried in a hole 6 kilometres off shore, and then submerged by several thousand tonnes of seawater. For once, it would be great if the fanciful dreamland that goes on inside your head had just the smallest touch of reality in it.

Edited by AlexB

48 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I look forward to this being true... now... will somebody pass the salt?

The Dr said I have to lay of the salt. 

49 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Bikash has also said recently that the monorail isn't going, and is in fact due for an upgrade.

Crosses fingers for bar fridge.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do you say that?

Just because it hasn’t started going vertical yet, doesn’t mean it won’t be ready. These rides don’t take that long to install, so I would expect construction to begin after the July holidays. Despite it being only temporary, SkyFlyer only took just over a month from land clearing to opening.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Deere said:

Can't see Seaworlds new attractions opening on time either due to Queenslands tough new laws...will take time like Sky Voyager. 

Agree with themagician. I think it's safe to assume that DW got caught with their pants down with SkyVoyager, and weren't prepared for the requirements imposed.

On the other hand, VRTP have the benefit of having seen these requirements come into force, as well as learning potentially what went wrong with SkyVoyager before they broke ground.

5 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

If you go by council records the Private Building Certifier still hasn't completed the final sign off on the building.

sv.thumb.JPG.4baaba3425a5a24a1db60c6c0dbf5d3f.JPG

Ok. I just assumed that was because the WPHS requirements hadn't been met. Possibly not. 

According to TPSN Creatures of the Deep is now closed and fenced off in preparation for construction to begin. 

1 hour ago, John Deere said:

SX360 at Aussie world has been delayed as well.

Sorry... let me rephrase that for you

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I think it's safe to assume that Aussie World got caught with their pants down with SX360, and weren't prepared for the requirements imposed.

Both Sky Voyager and SX360 were under construction at similar times, so it seems a fairly logical conclusion that similar things might be impacting them.