Sea World to reveal $50m spend

Would the Brogent Q ride be a 7D / 9D cinema? Looks like one. It would need more seats though to work in a theme park. 

Log flume and big dipper would be replacing Vikings Revenge and Sea Viper, so all good.

However there'd still be the chairlifts and most importantly, Bermuda Triangle to replace. 

• Like 1

Bermuda Triangle was replaced years ago Push, please get over it.

And the Skyway was a Cable Car by definition, with carriages that featured 4 x grouped semi-enclosed Cabooses  - not flimsy open air Ski Lift 'chairs' like what was at Dreamworld, THAT was a Chairlift. In fact, the very same one that was bought off Magic Mountain from Nobby's Beach, after years of it sitting derelict in the Ocean Air and no doubt bought for next to nothing.

• Like 1

It's a wooden roller coaster, wipeout style ride and skyflyer replacement. Tom and Jerry coming to Movieworld and more movie props coming to Movieworld too.

1.5 hectare precinct, 1 km rollercoaster. Precinct called 'The New Atlantis'.

Wipeout Style Ride opening December 2019. Wooden Roller coaster December 2020. 2 backwards seats.

Edited by Lukevl
adding more info

This is fantastic for SW, VTP and the GC on whole.

DW really needs to get its act together and fast, be interested to see what their 2 big name attractions are, and the timeframe. If they don’t have something major before Summer 2020 with all that is coming to SW they will fine themselves even further down the tourist list. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

This is fantastic for SW, VTP and the GC on whole.

DW really needs to get its act together and fast, be interested to see what their 2 big name attractions are, and the timeframe. If they don’t have something major before Summer 2020 with all that is coming to SW they will fine themselves even further down the tourist list. 

Hopefully Dreamworld read my list from earlier and get THRILL RIDES because a wood is great but thrill rides are the top thing. Let’s get back to the big 9 then hopefully big 10 by December 2020🤞

Wow I wasn't expecting anything let alone something this extensive for an Australian theme park. I had presumed that the theme parks would be on the back foot for the foreseeable future after the Dreamworld incident. Really exciting! 

I think a family-ish GCI is perfect for Seaworld... Movieworld is the place for the big thrill rides. And Australia will have a modern wooden coaster... this is great. 

• Like 1

This is very exciting news indeed. Let's break it down:

• New wooden roller-coaster - looks to be a family coaster in the same vein that Jet Rescue is (TLDR; not really a family coaster) which is great news. Unconfirmed manufacturer. 80k/ph top speed. 1km+ of track.
  • Trident-shaped sky flyer - not sure if ride goes up to 52m or whole tower including trident-head is 52m. If it's the former, i'm guessing that Trident head will top it over 60m+, making it the tallest thing ever to grace the spit. Unconfirmed manufacturer.
  • Top Spin ride, unconfirmed manufacturer. Bit cheeky. Placement next to dolphin pools is concerning.
  • New amphitheatre is being wedged in somewhere
  • Movie World's WB Exhibit/Museum is getting new artefacts.
  • Movie World's also getting Tom & Jerry characters in park from September.

Overall i'm really pleased with this - what i'm interested to learn is if they're going to leave Viking's Revenge SBNO until 2020 and beyond or if there's something else yet to come in regards to its future? I'm also going to guess that to fit this all in the bridge to where Jet Rescue resides is finally getting the flick.

• Like 4

Well I wasn’t expecting anything of this scale. My thoughts 

- Very hyped for the wooden coaster. Obviously not the greatest stats by the looks of it but we have seen amazing “family” wooden coasters from GG and GCI in recent years so I hope SW goes with one of these guys 

- Nice to see a permanent addition of the sky flyer. With fountains too??!!??

- Hoping they won’t just place a fairground-y top spin and be done with it. There’s so much opportunity to theme these rides

- Also concerned about the placement of the top spin near animals. Those things aren’t quiet rides.

- This is an original theme and not aquaman-based right?

• Like 3