Sea World to reveal $50m spend

Wow let me just start off with I am really amazed.

For years Sea World have been taking out attractions with out replacing from the train to SV. The park has in recent years the park has become kind of a joke it has really been begging for this kind of investment. Recently we have been debating if SW was really a theme park or just a marine park with a couple rides but with this expansion I think I can without a doubt call them a theme park. Congratulations to Sea world and I can’t wait to see this take shape in the coming year. 

• Like 1

I pray that Seaworld has done their research and have opted for a Suspended HUSS Top Spin, honestly they put the Wipeout to shame, until you try one, trust me on this (and I’m not saying it just cos it’s HUSS) they’re incredible machines, and far more enjoyable than Wipeout. There’s a reason why soo many exist in the world!

• Like 2

Sounds like Sea World is going to be a theme park once again! 

I agree with the comment that an additional monorail station near Atlantis would be great. 

I also would like to see the remnants of Vikings Revenge removed and that space reused for a new attraction. 

Would be good if they could reinvigorate the entrance to Sea World. It's really bad right now. 

Very pleased to hear Movie World will get more Movie set pieces. 

Finally, while Tom and Jerry are obviously only really going to be aimed at kids, I'm very happy to hear that some non-DC characters are coming to Movie World! 

Wow wow wow. Awesome to see SW going all out and finally making use of all that new land they reclaimed years ago (but it seems like even more will be reclaimed). I think the theme is great and the choice of rides works very well.

I am a bit unsure of the top spin placement, but good to see they are adding in a sheltered area for viewing the dolphins. Could this mean the talk there is going.

Obviously COTD is going, but will tie into the theming of this new area

Never thought we would see a wooden coaster, which is great and it looks like a real good one, but also unsure about the backwards seating

And replacing sky flyer with something permanent, great decision 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ash said:

The video is kinda cool, doesn't appear to be any inversionsin the coaster which is a shamr

As much as it would be nice to have a massive thrill coaster I still think this will be just as great.  From that few seconds of the POV it looks like there will be a lot of ejector airtime so even though it is a family coaster I think it will be a very fun enjoyable ride and please is thrillseekers. 

9 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Does anybody else think Vortex looks like a last minute addition and the theming in the concept doesn't match the rest of The New Atlantis?

Defiantly, they heard Dreamworld closed the wipeout, so they thought to win back fans and open a classic. P.s It is not going to be as good though.

It's not as if Dreamworld didn't already have its work cut out for it, but they must surely be emotional wrecks seeing that Sea World is building these new attractions, and to rub (much deserved) salt in their wounds, that includes the new Wipeout! 

Meanwhile, Dreamworld is planning a shaded seating area!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Come on Ardent, it's well past time to play! 

• Like 4

Also revealed in the load of news today 

PC will be getting Tasmanian Devils this December as well 

D1A6D063-1D3C-48E9-A78C-E52C7B13189F.thumb.png.65528f899cd05cf8f996c7341215141a.png

Aquaman will be closing July 21st to be converted into the new showcase in November

Very exciting times ahead for our parks with all the announcements made today, will be very interesting to see what DW has installed as their two thrill rides to the park 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, westical said:

/ used for Fright Nights

It is going to open in September. It will showcase a variety of set props from recent movies filmed at WB studios. Full info on instagram.

23 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Bit of a sneak peek at Vortex & a sneaky POV of Leviathan! Very excited for these new additions & it’s such a great step in the right direction for Sea World. 

Love how everyone uses NL2 for their virtual POV before it is built.