Sea World to reveal $50m spend

1 hour ago, xRazzBerryx said:

With the new area being built, surely this calls for a new boardwalk/walkway. It would definitely improve the flow of crowds & make access to Atlantis so much better. 

Sea World New Boardwalk.jpg

I agree, but unfortunately with the current placement and that areas usage for the lake show. It wouldn’t work. The parks entrance was never designed for traffic flow both ways, and it would definitely require a lot of reworking and construction for that to happen 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

I agree, but unfortunately with the current placement and that areas usage for the lake show. It wouldn’t work. The parks entrance was never designed for traffic flow both ways, and it would definitely require a lot of reworking and construction for that to happen 

I agree. It'd have to be on land around that edge to continue to allow the lake shows to continue. There's currently direct water access from back-of-house on that side as well that they'd need to take into consideration.

2 hours ago, aaronm said:

Properly impressed by this, just shows Village seem to be willing to wait until they can build the “right” investment these days. All three rides are a good fit for the park, the “trident” will likely be a Spit icon, and the theming on Leviathan looks superb - let’s hope the real thing comes close.

Another world-first in the backwards row on a woodie as well, great to see them pushing the envelope when it comes to building unique rides.

Honestly though I am not a fan of the backwards row on this not that it’s a bad.l thing. When it was done on DCR it was a cool because it was a gimmick it had not be done before so it was really cool and unique. I don’t want them to start doing this with multiple coaster cause I feel like it kind of devalues the experiences since it is not unique anymore.

Also its great that this is all going in an all new area for the park and they aren’t taking anything significant out also they still have a few spots to expand the park. such as the top corner were SV was and Viking. 

Even if the don’t demolish VR I hope they at least get rid of the station or something so we don’t end up bad bottlenecks.

My last thing is that the castaway bay of the area is already dead even on crowded days because of where it is with this expansion in the front of the park how will the back do. Hopefully down the line they add something in that corner to pull people to that are in the park. 

I honestly so psyched for this to be complete. I think this is an absolutely great investment for VRTP, and one I want to congratulate them on.

As has been said by many people earlier in the thread, once this is complete I think we’ll finally be able to call Sea World a theme park once again, and I can’t wait.

YES VILLAGE ROADSHOW!!!!!!

On 25/05/2019 at 1:25 PM, Wil_i_am_not said:

Woodies aren't like a conventional Roller Coaster (such as DC Rivals) in which pieces can just be shipped out and assembled on site. In most cases, Gravity Group will come out to the site and fabricate the track and supports on site, so I'd say that we'll see preparation happening within a few months.

I can't seem to find it now, but Discovery Networks have an episode where they show building a woodie - right down to the lamination of the track rails (goes crazy with a nailgun). I think it was like extreme engineering or something. Worth a look if you can find it.

On 25/05/2019 at 3:41 PM, aaronm said:

Another world-first in the backwards row on a woodie as well,

Well, yeah - one row i guess is a world first - there's plenty of woodies that have run entire trains backwards though.

On 25/05/2019 at 4:25 PM, Mc coaster said:

Also its great that this is all going in an all new area for the park and they aren’t taking anything significant out

The only reason for this is that the park has sat for quite some time removing attractions without directly replacing them. Pirate Ship, Sea Viper, Skyway, Train... so they already had plenty of land cleared. I think it wouldn't be unfair to say that these are the replacements for some of those attractions, since it will occupy some of the same land.

My guess is a themed land like this has probably been on the cards since they first scrapped wild, and its probably just been a case of waiting for land to settle sufficiently.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I can't seem to find it now, but Discovery Networks have an episode where they show building a woodie - right down to the lamination of the track rails (goes crazy with a nailgun). I think it was like extreme engineering or something. Worth a look if you can find it.

Is that the one where they build it during the parks closure in winter and have to fight against frozen timber?

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

My guess is a themed land like this has probably been on the cards since they first scrapped wild, and its probably just been a case of waiting for land to settle sufficiently.

Ground doesn't settle.  You either compact it while filling the hole or you don't compact it and build through it.

On 26/05/2019 at 8:36 AM, pushbutton said:

I much prefer the way this has been announced to how DC Rivals was.

No need for months of guessing what the name, theme, and colour will be. Or even what type of coaster it will be.

Boring.  We had a lot of fun guessing Rivals and working out the colour.

On 25/05/2019 at 4:05 PM, xRazzBerryx said:

With the new area being built, surely this calls for a new boardwalk/walkway. It would definitely improve the flow of crowds & make access to Atlantis so much better. 

Sea World New Boardwalk.jpg

Why would you want to detour your guest from walking past the shops?

1 hour ago, MacPark said:

Just as I was thinking the Gold Coast theme park industry was dead this happens.

Yea your right.  MW hasn't recently installed a Hypercoaster.