DC Super Heroes & Super-Villains 2019

Curious. It seems like they're holding it a bit later than usual this year.

The escape room could prove interesting, depending on how difficult they make it. Though somehow I feel it might be more tailored for the younger crowds. But I suppose we shall see.

By chance, would it be possible to grab a link to those ticket pages?

21 minutes ago, Pakowski said:

Curious. It seems like they're holding it a bit later than usual this year.

The escape room could prove interesting, depending on how difficult they make it. Though somehow I feel it might be more tailored for the younger crowds. But I suppose we shall see.

June 29 - July 13 is the school holiday times for QLD schools, so it works perfectly.

39 minutes ago, Pakowski said:

It definitely sounds like a lot of fun!

I did notice that they've made no mention of the Costume Contest from last year's events- or the 'Come Dressed Up' component either for that matter.

I wonder if they've scrapped it for this year...

Nope 

Email tells me otherwise 10705AAA-E613-412C-B7FB-89825F0769BC.thumb.png.a83bb8942498b867bf9f75d82bc17620.png

Jokers Funhouse just to confirm, is an free charge of event included in your admission, think of it as Afterglow 2.0 

I am also very surprised that the ‘fight’ shows are returning this year as well

20 minutes ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

So am I right in saying this is almost like Afterglow and DC Super Heroes and Super-Villians combined into one event?

Essentially, yes.

5 hours ago, Pakowski said:

Here is a direct link to the ticketing page. The main website/event page is live now as is the show schedule.

The email link for the terms of the costume comp still links to the 2018 terms at this stage. 

Edited by Jordan M.

There was a lot of backlash regarding the costume comp of "professional" cosplayers turning up a few minutes before park close and scooping the prize. I do hope that they revamp it, essentially to either exclude them, or give them their own category so maybe the kids or the "non-serious" players can have a chance.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

ere was a lot of backlash regarding the costume comp of "professional" cosplayers turning up a few minutes before park close and scooping the prize. I do hope that they revamp it, essentially to either exclude them, or give them their own category so maybe the kids or the "non-serious" players can have a chance.

The whole competition itself was quite a wreck in all honesty. Comparing it to something such as Supanova Comic Con's cosplay competitions (which has a registration setup with a cut-off time, categories and numerous other structures), even for the 'professional' cosplayers, it was very much a hurricane of an attempt- Especially with $1000 in play each night.

I could go on for ages about how they could improve the competition, but the fact of the matter is, despite that footnote in the email, there's been no other mention of the contest returning this year. If it does, I know there's a long list of people, cosplayers and parents alike, who would like to see some serious improvement to their criteria and selection processes.

On 29/05/2019 at 8:01 AM, AlexB said:

There was a lot of backlash regarding the costume comp of "professional" cosplayers turning up a few minutes before park close and scooping the prize. I do hope that they revamp it, essentially to either exclude them, or give them their own category so maybe the kids or the "non-serious" players can have a chance.

There is a special place in freak hell for those kind of people. 

What kind of soulless loser wants to steal a competition of a kid visiting a theme park

• Like 2

20 hours ago, themagician said:

Apparently the competition won’t be happening this year 

You got a source you can share for that one bucko?

On 28/05/2019 at 6:45 PM, Jordan M. said:

The email link for the terms of the costume comp still links to the 2018 terms at this stage.

On 28/05/2019 at 5:56 PM, Adventures With JWorld said:

10705AAA-E613-412C-B7FB-89825F0769BC.thumb.png.a83bb8942498b867bf9f75d82bc17620.png

daa1daa1-7f8a-4001-a4f8-f18f901f36b8.png?b=1518116659000  WARNER BROS. MOVIE WORLD

Alt-Text

DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains

Warner Bros. Movie World is the place to be these school holidays as the Super Heroes and Super-Villains of the DC Universe takeover the park in a limited time only, special event.

Visit from 29 June – 13 July to meet exclusive characters and witness the all new laser light show parade at 5:30pm.

STAY ON FOR AN EPIC NIGHT!

17d71e4c-0d4b-456e-866e-8d8ee3540472.jpg

villainous times ahead

Join The Joker Funhouse Party from 6pm – 8pm as Main Street comes alive with a resident DJ and delicious street food, or ride into the night on some of your favourite attractions, including the DC Rivals HyperCoaster!

469c760a-221e-4456-ab4f-a14472a00a4e.jpg

Take on the 2ft long dog!

Show your squad who is the real hero by taking on the 2-foot-long Mega Trash Can Dog!

6e8ebe74-0805-4761-9d6e-8aa6c681aaef.jpg

Time to be bad!

Demolish a Donut Bomb dessert extravaganza, topped with a TNT Churro!

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THESE SUPER-villainS

Warner Bros. Movie World

The Riddler

Warner Bros. Movie World

Catwoman

Warner Bros. Movie World

The Joker

ADD SOMETHING EXTRA FOR A SUPER DAY!

Pre-book additional DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains experiences ahead of your visit for the ultimate day out. Only available from 29th June to 13th July.

Limited spots available so don’t miss out!

Warner Bros. Movie World

THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE

Enjoy an all-inclusive day and night of SUPER fun with fast track on selected rides, an Entrapment Escape Room experience, unlimited candid photo downloads, a $20 food and beverage voucher, VIP Parade Viewing, reserved seat and an ice-cream at Hollywood Stunt Driver Show.

Warner Bros. Movie World

DC SUIT UP

Be transformed into your favourite DC Super Hero or Super-Villain with DC Suit Up. Choose from a variety of character costumes including Batman, Superman, Catwoman and more!

Warner Bros. Movie World

ESCAPE ROOM – ENTRAPMENT

The Super Heroes have been captured and stripped of their powers while the Super-Villains wreak havoc. The race is on to help them escape and save the world! $80 per room (2 to 6 people).