Fright Nights 2019

2 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Well, you can all ignore my initial post in this topic then.

We usually do.

3 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I don't follow that either

If you aren't going to keep up with things, how do you know if it hasn't already been posted?

I mean geez - at least I read the perth stuff before passing comment...

15 minutes ago, AlexB said:

If you aren't going to keep up with things, how do you know if it hasn't already been posted?

I mean geez - at least I read the perth stuff before passing comment...

I like theme parks but I don't follow every single thing occurring at theme parks hundreds of kilometres away. If there is something major, I'll follow it.

Just like how I expect Gold Coast residents, who make up the majority of Parkz forum members, not to be interested in a one-off charity concert at Jamberoo but may be interested in major new extremely well themed rides or Australia's possibly first alpine coaster.

It was just a natural assumption that containers hosting themed panic rooms on the Oxenford property would be for Fright Nights as I know they have held them for a long time & applications for them appear mid-year. I checked this topic, found no mention of the application so I posted it. I didn't know some other MW event had them recently.

Being hundreds of kilometres away, I have better uses of my time than reading about a theme park event lasting just 2 weeks. There is very little chance for anyone outside of the SE-QLD/Northern NSW area to plan a holiday around a 2 week event, which was probably announced very shortly prior to it being held. I'm more interested in reading about permanent rides that will still be there next time I plan a holiday such as, most notably, DC Rivals HyperCoaster.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

But us easterners don't go hunting around WA DA's and BA's and posting when we see shipping containers arriving at a theme park property.

No, but thats because we know @Tim Dasco and @iwerks will have the inside scoop direct from the CEO before the container hits the pavement.

You are both right: Perth/WA is no Gold Coast, which is the mecca of Australian theme parks currently, so:

• non-WA theme park enthusiasts aren't going to go into extreme detail about every aspect of WA theme park's operations (like annual maintenance dates, food prices, season pass prices etc.) and
  • all Australians are interested in the Gold Coast theme parks due to it's great base for a week-long holiday consisting of 6 theme park-related attractions. Again, it is the mecca of Australian theme parks.
  • Lastly, sadly, Australian-unique WA theme park investment is rare. Only Abyss stands out as unique in Australia.

There are also reliant Perth-based forum members to provide major updates on what is happening over there when need be. If Adventure World suddenly announced a hypercoaster, I'm sure the hype would be just as great as for DC Rivals HyperCoaster.

Personally, I do not plan to visit Perth anytime soon so that's why I don't pay much attention to the Perth theme parks though when a new investment is announced over there, I do read about it to see what it is.

Anyway, this is going off topic...

1 hour ago, TomiJ said:

And you just had to finish it hey??? Talking about panic rooms what do people think the two new panic rooms will be. Returning panic rooms are the dark room and quarantine. 

Probably based on an AndrewH experience where you've snuck into a former attraction and have to find an exit before security finds you. 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

On 18/07/2019 at 5:58 PM, Brad2912 said:

Are you seriously advocating they repeat Halloween? The “other” characters are just blood covered victims. There are no other characters, 

What different sets? Every Halloween involves people being murdered in a house. It’s not like one is in the forest, the next in space, the next in a prison, they are always in a house. Other than changing the decor in a room, it’s the same maze again. 

I'd be happy with whatever maze it is. It could be Cabin in the Woods and I'd be happy with it. 

A big part of the former Halloween maze was actually set in a forest and a prison. As well as a cornfield and a transit centre. There wasn't really a house. I think you'll  find that most mazes have consisted of blood covered victim characters.  But I don't really see the point in explaining this to a person who believes an Annabelle Comes Home maze would consist only of actors throwing dolls at the guests. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

But I don't really see the point in explaining this to a person who believes an Annabelle Comes Home maze would consist only of actors throwing dolls at the guests. 

Ok I’ll bite given the condescending “tone”... when did I ever mention anything about actors throwing dolls at guests? Whilst that sounds incredibly funny, far more entertaining than what MW has thrown up the last couple of years for FN, I don’t recall suggesting it... 

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Ok I’ll bite given the condescending “tone”... when did I ever mention anything about actors throwing dolls at guests? Whilst that sounds incredibly funny, far more entertaining than what MW has thrown up the last couple of years for FN, I don’t recall suggesting it... 

Ah, I was certain you said throwing dolls at guests which confused me. I’m sure someone said it another FN thread. I do not approve of throwing dolls at guests. My bad.

If you’re not happy with what Fright Nights has to offer, might I suggest you go build your own horror themed attraction and see how that pans out? Go ask Evilcorp for ideas and tips.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Ah, I was certain you said throwing dolls at guests which confused me. I’m sure someone said it another FN thread. I do not approve of throwing dolls at guests. My bad.

If you’re not happy with what Fright Nights has to offer, might I suggest you go build your own horror themed attraction and see how that pans out? Go ask Evilcorp for ideas and tips.

You could have just summed that whole paragraph up by just saying 

“I am a fool”. 

First you condescendingly accuse me of saying something I never said.

Then you throw the old “well if you don’t like it, how about you do it better yourself” which is just moronic... 

if I don’t like the customer service on an airplane and make suggestions on how they could be better then I should what? Buy some planes and run my own airline??  Stupid. 

Walls have gone up in Dodgems, so don’t be expecting anymore photos of the maze taking place unless someone decides it is a great idea to put a selfie stick over the wall 

Entrance for Dodgems has also been spilt with walls placed in between of where you could walk into the attraction so the entrance and exit could be different this year 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

ONE of Movie World’s most popular attractions, the annual Halloween ‘Fright Night’, has a new bogeyman — the Gold Coast City Council.

Movie World owner, Village Roadshow Theme Parks, is taking the council to court, accusing it of levying monstrous infrastructure charges on its Fright Night horror mazes.

The mazes, where gruesome ghouls leap out of the darkness to terrify patrons, have been a Fright Night fixture for more than a decade at the Oxenford theme park.

But the council has moved to impose new infrastructure charges on sheds which have been used to house the mazes since 2016.

In a Planning and Environment Court appeal lodged earlier this month, VRTP argues the proposed charges are ‘so unreasonable that no reasonable relevant local government could have imposed the amount’.

Lawyers for the theme park contend the mazes ‘place no extra demand on trunk infrastructure’. They argue the sheds are not connected to sewerage and the only water they use is for fire sprinklers.

“There is no extra demand on the transport network, as there is no increase in attendees to Fright Nights as a consequence of the sheds,” the appeal states.

VRTP argues the council has made an ‘error’ in classifying the infrastructure charges and they should be set aside.

An initial hearing has been set down for this Friday.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/queensland/movie-world-takes-gold-coast-city-council-to-court-over-halloween-levy/news-story/43082df56a43a0b8cca457766243bd70

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 2

Also, the Fright Nights website is starting to be updated. Imagery has changed on the mazes page, all the precincts this year will be new, Scooby will be open during the event and the park map has been cleared of maze locations, etc

Last year, announcements and tickets became available mid August, so we should start seeing announcements soon 

Edited by themagician