Fright Nights 2019

1 hour ago, ejpdtd said:

To the people that are happy with the 5 mazes, did you manage to get all the mazes done last year with the queues. I’ve given up on fright nights with the past two years being horrible experiences where you can barely get anything done unless you pay a lot extra for the fast passes. 

I got all the mazes done and did the leatherface maze 2x without a fast pass... it is manageable 

1 hour ago, ejpdtd said:

To the people that are happy with the 5 mazes, did you manage to get all the mazes done last year with the queues. I’ve given up on fright nights with the past two years being horrible experiences where you can barely get anything done unless you pay a lot extra for the fast passes. 

Have decided to travel to the states and do HHN at Universal Orlando with 10 mazes. 

Since FNs are no longer included in the Pass, the crowds have diminished significantly. 2018 mazes were practically walk-ons at times the night we went, and like @themagician we left early, having done everything and 2 mazes a couple of times. Surprisingly, some People were still wasting money on fast tracks.

Last year also lacked a lot of energy and vibe. As @Brad2912 says, it was the weakest FNs yet. A 5th maze in 2020 will be a very welcome addition but I hope that won't come at the cost of taking more Entertainment away from the Street. 

• Like 3

On 12/06/2019 at 7:05 AM, themagician said:

@ejpdtd the last few years I’ve easily managed to get all the mazes done within a couple hours, leaving plenty of time for rides, shows, etc. Last year we had left by 9 because we had done everything. So I definitely think 5 mazes will be very good.

And a very good luck to you for HHN, you will struggle even more than you do at FN to get mazes done 

Wow that’s very different experiences to the nights I did FN. 

HHN offer 2 nights for price of one so I’m pretty confident I’ll get everything g done across the two nights. Plus early entry from day at Universal. 

Plus if need be I’d happily pay for express at HHN because it is actually quality mazes. 

Incase it hasn’t been mentioned yet. There is walls up around the dodgems today for work on FN maze.  Also you can see work underway in the back lot from Arkham Asylum. (As well as an active film crew in the studios which im curious about, anyone know what is being shot at the moment.)

Edited by ejpdtd

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rivals said:

After seeing the new Annabelle Comes home movie I think it would be a great choice for one of the new mazes at fright nights this year, it would be completely different to anything they have done before 

100% and I think this is exactly what Big Gash was hinting about a month ago!

I'm hoping that this year's event feels less 'cheap'. Last year the mazes felt pretty bland, predictable, and at worst not even scary. 'Precincts' lacked atmosphere and felt like a copy-paste of previous years. 

I love getting scared, and I especially love having an event like Fright Nights that's nearby, but you lose me as a patron when you become stagnant and every scare is obvious. A joke loses most impact when the punchline is obvious, it just so happens that scares are the same. 

• Like 2

I think where @Zanstabar is coming from is having been spoiled by Orlando based scares, the gold coast seems tame. But the argument is double edged - because if Orlando, and hollywood, and so on keep churning out such a popular product, its a bit of a cop-out to say the gold coast mazes aren't getting worse, and its just down to age and experience.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, joz said:

What if I told you that the reason the mazes are less surprising/fun isn't  because the mazes are worse, it's because you're getting older and you've seen it all before?

We debated this last year and some people left feeling underwhelmed.  I liked the low crowds but the reduction in actors was noticeable within the mazes.

1 hour ago, joz said:

What if I told you that the reason the mazes are less surprising/fun isn't  because the mazes are worse, it's because you're getting older and you've seen it all before?

I think you've seen it all before because every year even the 'new mazes' are just the same scares, tech, concept with a new overlay. The Overseas parks are really pushing the envelope now and evolving the product where as Movie Worlds product has kind of stagnated.

• Like 3

No over the fence shot from me but walls are starting pop up now inside Dodgems

AA5EDE73-C3A3-43E6-A048-1FF92F8B5A57.thumb.jpeg.a8d16e53a2e5d260238a3b4c8e5f4dfc.jpeg

From what I saw, this maze seems not to be HOK from what I’m seeing 

Also I have received confirmation the other day that Warner Bros Showcase/Show Stage will not be used as an location for Fright Nights this year which I think everyone knew was happening.

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1