Fright Nights 2019

16 hours ago, themagician said:

4’s appetite is brains - zombie based (maybe Zombieland 2)

I'm not a horror guy at all so could be well off but I doubt its Zombieland 2.

Zombieland is a zombie based comedy, not a horror and in my opinion wouldn't fit the bill. Either way I personally won't attend but hopefully the changes this year are improvements.

1 hour ago, Naazon said:

I'm not a horror guy at all so could be well off but I doubt its Zombieland 2.

Zombieland is a zombie based comedy, not a horror and in my opinion wouldn't fit the bill. Either way I personally won't attend but hopefully the changes this year are improvements.

Didn't they have a Zombieland scare zone about 5 or 6 years ago? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jordan M. said:

E4DFD126-EB6A-45B5-81E0-0C9DA2BFEE6B.thumb.jpeg.5f82120ad38766f8ecced40ac72e1201.jpeg

I missed this on my first look, apart from a mention in the inclusions of the Terror Tour Platinum. It has been listed under general Movie World extras on the ticketing site, rather than the Fright Night extras.

Sounds interesting.

Sounds similar to the Last Ride simulator at Mortem Manor, Florida. For those who haven’t done this, it’s  an awesome experience that tests a few of your senses. Not sure if it’ll be the same as the one in Florida but it sounds awesome  😁

Edited by FoolishMortal999

3 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Huh. Good on them making a Fright Maze from a comedy movie.

It’s a dark comedy. HHN have done it a few times too with IPs like Shaun of the dead, This is the End, Ghostbusters, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Cabin in the woods, Happy Death Day, Chucky. 

Actually pretty impressed that they have gone for another original Theme with this.

MW would have to throw a bucketload of dollars for licensing a maze based on well known Horrors like "IT", "Stranger Things",  "Conjuring" etc.. Surely it makes sense to spend said wasted money on creating a better maze experience?

..So long as that's the only reason to justify having a 5th Maze this year..

22 minutes ago, themagician said:

Great to see the park once again bringing an original maze to the event. House of Kain was a stand out last year (even though it had some lighting issues)

What lightning issues did House of Kain have last year? 

Just now, FoolishMortal999 said:

What lightning issues did House of Kain have last year? 

Possibly referring to the fact that in many rooms the lights were flashing so much that you really couldn't see any of the detail which they put into the maze. Was very hard to see what they had done.

8 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Possibly referring to the fact that in many rooms the lights were flashing so much that you really couldn't see any of the detail which they put into the maze. Was very hard to see what they had done.

I didn’t notice any lightning issues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

So I’m assuming this maze will be located in Dodgems. 

Correct 

As I am fully aware as it stands atm

HOK will be where Leatherface was last year 

Leatherface will be taking the spot where Jigsaw and Halloween has been the last two years

Not aware where the other two maze locations will be atm, you can definitely rule out Show Stage/Studio Showcase though. I’m going to throw it out there as my possible prediction that they will be using the studios are going to be used once again as it’s not in lockdown at the moment.

11 minutes ago, themagician said:

Why rule out that show stage though?

Last year House of Kain was removed and Aquaman was installed all within 6 weeks, so it is possible for them to do that again.

But I definitely would love to see them using the studios again and to really spread out the crowds too 

Not enough time this year to take everything down

As I am fully aware Showcase is set to open within the first two weeks of November 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld

On 20/08/2019 at 4:38 PM, themagician said:

Great to see the park once again bringing an original maze to the event. House of Kain was a stand out last year (even though it had some lighting issues)

House of Kain, while one of if not the best maze in recent years, did share an awful lot in common with AHS Hotel to the point it seemed like they went for the license, didn't get it so did a bit of retheme to their own IP...  Be interesting to see if Doll Haus has the same feel in relation to Annabelle Creation.