Fright Nights 2019

2 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Sorry @Skeeta but the original IT film was a B grade Telemovie at BEST!

The new feature film reboot was Superior in every respect. AND Thankfully presented in two Big chunks, making this IT so much easier to watch.

Oh and yes, I am very much old enough to lay shit on the Original IT, so there😊

Hardly a B grade..  For it's time you couldn't even watch Marry Poppins without adult supervision. 😉  The remake move brought nothing new to the table and had no suspence or build up.   I can understand why kids liked the remake but I've seen it all before.

@Skeeta, have you ever thought maybe your just too old. Honestly you sound like my grandpa. I loved the new IT movie, I have never watched the original. However you have intrigued me and I'm wondering is it worth watching the original. TBH I just don't know if I would appreciate it for what it was. Keen to hear yours and others thoughts if I should watch the movie.

Edited by TomiJ
pardon the pun

1 hour ago, jjuttp said:

The original was too, just that part 2 is held in the same vein as the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Hahaha the only redeeming feature of the original IT is Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise. Its on par with Skarsgaards version IMHO.

And whilst the remake is excellent , its also a big budget Hollywood tentpole picture, done 30 years after the original, with all the latent advances in digital effects that were simply not possible at the time of the original. Its very hard to compare , as its not exactly apples for apples.

@Skeetais absolutely right. For the full IT experience, read the book. It is a sprawling , huge tome that many ( myself included) consider to be the best thing that Stephen King has committed put to paper. And given his bibliography, that is certainly saying something.

A horror maze themed to IT though should be an excellent and atmospheric experience.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Ryanhop01 said:

I think Chapter One, as they said they'll have some famous scenes from it like the projector screen, etc.

I just read on the website that they’ll have scenes from both films. I wonder where this maze will be located ? 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

12 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

I just read on the website that they’ll have scenes from both films. I wonder where this maze will be located ? 

Dodgems is where it’s been talked about atm 

If they were to put it in the other sheds, it would just make the whole area crowded/clustered so it makes sense to have this one tucked away from the others

17 scenes in IT sounds obscene, especially given how lacking the recent mazes have felt.  It makes me wonder whether they're referring to a fully fleshed out scene with unique characters, audio and scenic, or just a meagre reference that you pass on your way through. 

With such a large IP under their belt, I hope that they kick it up a notch and make me eat my words.

Side Note: Does anyone know if they'll have Prince Albert in a can? 

16 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Wows's that's a long flick. 

If the movie’s good you shouldn't realise how long, it is.  I’m seeing it next week but some of the reviews I’m reading have me a bit worried.  The most worrying review I’ve seen.  “It’s Beetlejuice meets IT”. 

I liked Beetlejuice when it come out, but I was like 8.  Fingers crossed the reviewers have got it wrong.

56 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

If the movie’s good you shouldn't realise how long, it is.  I’m seeing it next week but some of the reviews I’m reading have me a bit worried.  The most worrying review I’ve seen.  “It’s Beetlejuice meets IT”. 

I liked Beetlejuice when it come out, but I was like 8.  Fingers crossed the reviewers have got it wrong.

With premovie ads etc it was just over 3 hours, so regardless it was a long time to be sitting anywhere!

Rotten Tomatoes have it at about 90% audience and 68% critic's, so overall positive. Terrific Character development and more jumps than the first installment. Plenty of Surreal moments too. I thought it was about as close to the book as you could make the movie without the film having to run significantly longer. In saying that, the book had more than enough content that they could have broken the whole thing down to 3 full length features.

• 2 weeks later...

Maze locations have been revealed on FN website 

IT - Dodgems 

Zombieland & Doll Haus - Jigsaw and Halloween Shed 

House of Kain and Leatherface - FDTD Shed 

Not sure how to feel about them doing two mazes in the same shed again, but I sincerely hope either Kain or Leatherface are not being scaled back this year as it is the first time they have done two mazes in that shed 

• Like 1