The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

Maybe building a highly dynamic flat ride that needs a kick ass footing didn't go perfectly smooth on what is effectively boggy sand... shit happens.

Doesn't have to be anything as sinister as contractors walking out to cause a delay.

Same as Sky Voyager building a new ride that they don’t have experience with and is a new ride system to Australia. Shit happens.

Goes for both parks if something’s delayed, communicate it with your guests. Simple. 

Edited by Tim Dasco
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 7:50 AM, themagician said:

I doubt there are many box buildings on Atlantis 

Have you been there to see it for yourself? ;)

Disney paints a lot of plain buildings 'go away green' and leaves them in plain sight. So it must be fine. Ask @TheChad - he's worked at DisneyWorld you know...

52 minutes ago, TheChad said:

The first pic is a cover over the Walt and Mickey Statue for refurbishment, not electrical housing. Nice try though. 

But it is in 'go away green' and close to guests.

The grey building at Sea World either isn't finished yet, or my two year old has started a career in building painting.

2 hours ago, TheChad said:

The first pic is a cover over the Walt and Mickey Statue for refurbishment, not electrical housing. Nice try though. 

Nice try of what exactly?

1 hour ago, red dragin said:

But it is in 'go away green' and close to guests.

Exactly - all I said was disney paints things in 'go away green' when they want guests to ignore it rather than trying to elaborately theme and cover them up with something else.

15 hours ago, themagician said:

Generally, aren't those building further away and not something guests can walk right past?

In another news, well done SW on this great artwork

13d-swd2001102-vortexcomingsoon.thumb.jpg.566fc1c215ef9a01f91f27797a6cc7d0.jpg

Shame whoever is producing these visuals still can't copy the gondola of a Huss TopSpin properly... oh well, I wish they'd hurry up! its such a fun ride!

Sure. Magician doubted many box buildings in atlantis.

i said disney has plenty of buildings painted green. but nobody takes pictures of them, because they're go away green. so the best results i could come up with were other, on-stage items that are go away green, including a box like object in the hub.

There's a great building visible from the disneyland railroad between main street and new orleans square that is at the start of a tunnel right before new orleans square. It seems Disney has themed them with new orleans \ margi gras props lately, but there was a time when it was plain go away green with nothing else.

There's also plenty of go away green buildings visible from outside the berm too.

• Gazza locked this topic