The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

1 hour ago, red dragin said:

Doesn't look too bad, we where never going to get anything amazing.

"...fully immersive precinct..." 

"...the ultimate Atlantean adventure"

"...world-class attractions..."

All quotes from Clark Kirby, found in a Blooloop article about New Atlantis.

I'm aware that Marketing and PR are always going to try and spin things in their favour, but I never expect them to deceive us. If New Atlantis was never going to be "fully immersive", then don't claim it to be. 

• Like 2

Long time lurker, first time poster, in a few years, anyway.

The ride is ok. And that is it. Ok.

Nothing too special, but I think that will do. Anyone that believed Kirby in his original media statements had it coming, more PR spinning. I think the one thing the ride has is its surroundings and views, right onto the water, which is pretty cool. I guess.

However, I really love the New Atlantis sign and the archway leading up into the precinct. Once the plants mature, this will be a pretty cool entrance.

Thanks for the caps by the way! I am hoping to post on here more often!

5 hours ago, themagician said:

Vortex construction is complete, so here’s a look at the final product. While the queue area doesn’t look like anything amazing and there is the silver fencing surrounding the rides footprint, overall it looks pretty good 

It looks nice, sure. But it doesn’t look world class, cinematic, or heck even as good as wipeout did. Wipeouts theming atleast told a story, this so far seems to tell the story of how Sea World turned into Westfield The Spit.

Looks nice at night though, when 90% if not more of the parks guests will never get to see it. I guess a high five for trying?

I think maybe it’s all that solid blue. If they had created some rock work that blended the landscape, control booth etc into one, then it would’ve looked a lot better. Then have a timber ‘collapsing’ queue shelter and it would have made it feel immersive. And once all those plants grow, it probably would have worked really well

TPSN shared this picture and you can see an octopus has been painted onto one of the walls to add to that ‘theming’

E6D17E6F-365B-4132-AAC8-056453ED41AC.jpeg

• Like 1

Some solid ideas there mate. Agree with you 100%. LookinG forward to seeing how the rest of the area turns out, but if this any indication, it is looking to be expected sadly. 

Also disappointing to see the mentions of the monorail removed, that is also painting a picture. The sea world we once knew and loved is now dead.

Can someone please just build @joz’s boardwalk idea, please?

4 hours ago, pin142 said:

If that is something that looks great we really are setting the bar quite low for standards when it comes to presentation of a ride that looks in that photo literally thrown down, bare minimum done and called a day.

I'm not saying it's the best it could be, but I really like how it looks. Just because it does not have much theming doesn't make it look bad. 

Also the wall behind the sign might be a water feature i'm not sure tho (It looked it was on on Friday) 

Edited by Hummel Bruhmell
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, joz said:

A thrill ride should be nowhere near dolphin pools

My partner is a marine scientist and she supports most things Sea World has done. But when she saw the vortex the other day, she did question it and whether they would be returning dolphins to those pools. Dolphins heavily require sound for interaction and movement, and the amount of noise the ride would be produce will be quite significant 

• Like 3

@AlexB that true. This year Carnivale was only on 8 nights. Plus the handful of private events they’ll have throughout the year, it really isn’t worth it. But at least it will look great when people can see it. 

Maybe they’re hoping for a lot of overcast days so that they can turn them and guests can see them during the day?

• Like 1

On 26/06/2020 at 11:17 AM, themagician said:

Bikash shared these photos on his story (photos taken by @courtney_patrice)

92267421-AA18-4F1F-88C5-B4AF17025622.jpeg

87734157-AF28-4BC2-BEB7-F24C7C4C3DA1.jpeg

D742C139-2FDC-4CB6-B44F-C6CC10CE8DF7.jpeg

3 hours ago, joz said:

4th light from the left is the wrong colour

Looking at the above night shots from the previous post, looks like the green might just be intentional?

Just on the Dolphin pool proximity to the Vortex, hopefully Bikash/ Management can confirm that thought has gone into ensuring the safety of the Dolphins with a ride right next door. All it would take is a hydraulic leak.. but even things such as the rides noise could have potential impacts on the animals. 

Justice for Captive will have a field day when this ride opens and if the dolphins move back in. 

• Like 3

• Gazza locked this topic