The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

What was concerning to see is they have put dolphins back in the lagoon around Vortex. While the ride isn’t operating it’s okay, but I really hope they don’t keep them in there when the rides up and running. SW do great things for the marine world, but dolphins heavily rely on sound to communicate and manoeuvre, and Vortex will be producing a lot of sound. Will be a bit of a concerning decision if they’re kept in there 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, themagician said:

What was concerning to see is they have put dolphins back in the lagoon around Vortex. While the ride isn’t operating it’s okay, but I really hope they don’t keep them in there when the rides up and running. SW do great things for the marine world, but dolphins heavily rely on sound to communicate and manoeuvre, and Vortex will be producing a lot of sound. Will be a bit of a concerning decision if they’re kept in there 

That may be a reason as to why they changed the concept and used walls to possibly reduce the noise, correct me if I am wrong 

Edited by Coasterlife

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Yeah SW know more than you about caring for dolphins. I mean even if you go with the perspective that SW are evil, and that it's all about money, then dolphins passing away early or being too stressed for interactive programs is bad for business.

I agree the optics are bad, but it's just optics. SW simply aren't going to do something to jeopardize the health of its dolphins.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gazza locked this topic