The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

7 minutes ago, red dragin said:

This ride is replacing a similar but portable ride, that was approved for operation at the park, is that correct? 

They'll be more likely to have issues with the coaster as it is a new design and style to Queensland. 

Discussion relates to the first attraction - Vortex - which is a Huss Top Spin (a bit like wipeout) - due the end of the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbo121 said:

The portable ride was already licensed. It does not get a license each time it is set up?

Question mark as don't know but always concerned me on travelling rides. 

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2019/8/9/ekka-safety-a-priority-as-brisbanes-big-show-opens

12 hours ago, dbo121 said:

The portable ride was already licensed. It does not get a license each time it is set up?

Question mark as don't know but always concerned me on travelling rides. 

Clearly, you're not informed, and you're just guessing. You're getting the right answers to every question, and still persisting. You need to understand that there are plenty of people here who know a hell of a lot about this industry, and you're the only one throwing shade at this process.

12 hours ago, dbo121 said:

So random audits . 

Now I'm starting to think you're trolling or can't read.

“All amusement rides and equipment have been thoroughly inspected" 

To put it in perspective every ride for the Ekka was inspected and approved to open under the new Workplace Health and Safety Queensland regulations while SV remains closed.

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1

That certainly does put it in perspective. All those EKKA rides must have gone through the full approval process within the time since SkyVoyager was completed. 

Definitely shows that SkyVoyager would have been approved and opened by now had there not been something preventing that.

Also gives me confidence that the new rides at Sea World probably will be approved and open as per schedule. 

Was suggesting carnival rides are randomly audited by the actual regulator after licensed . For sea worlds travelling ride it may have had a license prior. Good to see an audit has taken place at Ekka. Probably for a few reasons including improving the rep of whsq 

1 hour ago, dbo121 said:

Was suggesting carnival rides are randomly audited by the actual regulator after licensed . For sea worlds travelling ride it may have had a license prior. Good to see an audit has taken place at Ekka. Probably for a few reasons including improving the rep of whsq 

I think we've been more than patient with you. You really need to stop digging. You're going to wear out your shovel, and you can't dig up.

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

I've already reached my helpfulness limit for the week, so if I’m short with anybody the rest of the week, it’s @dbo121 fault.

What's your excuse for the rest of the time you've been alive? Can't blame it all on him... ;)

I think the restraint i've shown should be commended as well.

When 3 of the 18 'likes' this guy has got, he gave himself... i can think of something else he should give himself.... ;)

Have the restraints shown been audited!!? This is a discussion for enthusiasts. Feel free to educate as part of it. We can't always speak about our current positions or previous experience within the domestic parks themselves but I am informed in a few of these areas. 

2 hours ago, dbo121 said:

Have the restraints shown been audited!!? This is a discussion for enthusiasts. Feel free to educate as part of it. We can't always speak about our current positions or previous experience within the domestic parks themselves but I am informed in a few of these areas. 

You’ve quickly moved from frustrating to annoying and now to unbearable.... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gazza locked this topic