The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

This decision could be based off Dreamworlds announcements and they are trying to extend out the opening of their attractions. Also could be so construction can purely focus on Leviathan so it opens on time to compete with DWs new coaster 

Edited by themagician
  • Like 5

For some reason, in both versions of the artwork, Vortex looks like it's a ride that lives at a resort rather than a theme park. 🤔

Other than that, the location is still horrible, Vortex is still an abstract name rather something that adds to an actual Atlantian theme, and the ride seems like it was selected purely as an 'F you' to DW rather than based off being a good fit for the park. Is there anything else to really say?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Bugga..

As much as that is a shame it's probably a more sound Business decision to stretch such a big total investment over a longer time.

Guess they will also be keeping the Skyflyer a little longer then huh?

I read in a transcript of the latest investor call that it was a combination of spreading out the spend and also the logistics of building both rides at the same time. I suppose it makes sense given they can just hang on to the Skyflyer for a few more months at minimal cost.

34 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Don’t forget that they said Dreamworld wasn’t seen as completion anymore because their offerings are incomparably stronger...

They also introduced Tiger Cubs to Paradise Country after Dreamworld announced theirs... It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dreamworld's announcement altered VRTP plans.

As far as I'm concerned just a few months ago Sea World wasn't really trying to be a theme park anymore (Village called it a "Marine Park"), and Dreamworld looked as if it was in serious danger of closing down (and Ardent called it a "Fun Park", although it wasn't really all that much fun compared to the local competition).

Fast forward to now. Both parks are back on their way to being truly great theme parks.

Whilst Village obviously have more to offer overall with their number and variety of facilities, I have no doubt they once again see Dreamworld as a competitor now, and that's fantastic!

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gazza locked this topic