The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

8 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I doubt that. Rivals took up almost half the movie world carpark. if track pieces had arrived, they'd be using the carpark (especially since its the closest point to construction they could store that many containers), and we'd have all seen it.

Would they use the carpark though? They’ve got a lake between the carpark and the site. They’ve created a site entry point along SW Drive, so they may be storing all of it on the Sea Viper site

• Like 2

On 03/04/2020 at 5:42 PM, joz said:

Do people think the State Government should be subsidising the construction of both company's coasters, as a way to stimulate both construction and tourism?

Obviously if one of the companies were to hypothetically receive a large fine for some bad shit they did years ago they'd still have to pay that, but outside of that the State Government could kick in say $10million to each. Thoughts?

On 03/04/2020 at 9:39 AM, Gazza said:

It would be ridiculous to try and start now. There's no guarantee tomorrow you can reliably get the workers and equipment you need, and it would be impossible to commission if you cant get Mack staff into Australia.

On 03/04/2020 at 9:47 AM, Skeeta said:

Yes, we know DW would've had problems getting it installed.   So, my question wasn't why they didn't start the install now but since I was told it was on its way or sitting in quarantine.   Where has it gone or where is it sitting?

On 03/04/2020 at 3:08 PM, Jdude95 said:

For all we know, parts of track are sitting out the back and can't be seen by the public. I would assume they are either still on their way or currently passing the extra quarantine decontamination processes and periods.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I doubt that. Rivals took up almost half the movie world carpark. if track pieces had arrived, they'd be using the carpark (especially since its the closest point to construction they could store that many containers), and we'd have all seen it.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Would they use the carpark though? They’ve got a lake between the carpark and the site. They’ve created a site entry point along SW Drive, so they may be storing all of it on the Sea Viper site

@themagician - do keep up mate! We're on page 17 of this topic, so its extremely unlikely the thread title has anything to do with the current conversation.

in this case, as you can see, we're talking about Dreamworld's install, and obviously, there's no lake between the install site and the carpark.

The other clue would have been that Leviathan is a wooden coaster, so generally, the track pieces are fabricated on site, and you wouldn't need as much space to store large elements.

Pretty sure there's a few youtube videos out there that show how woodies go together - the space Sea World has made up near the old Corkscrew site is going to be plenty.

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

I need to throw in sarcasm tags next time
It's obviously being stored at the top of the tower

• 3 weeks later...

May as well just keep Vortex closed until December now (if they are still building Leviathan) and open the pair of rides up for Xmas holidays together. Double whammy if you ask me. With the park fully closed to guests, it would be easier if you ask me to get a heap of construction done I guess. Here's hoping

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

May as well just keep Vortex closed until December now (if they are still building Leviathan) and open the pair of rides up for Xmas holidays together. Double whammy if you ask me. With the park fully closed to guests, it would be easier if you ask me to get a heap of construction done I guess. Here's hoping

You said if . Not happening as planned I bet. At least not on original timeframe

I’d say that Vortex will just open when it’s ready, no matter what time of the year that is. I would imagine there will be another 4-6 of construction/testing before it opens (once the parks reopen). Leviathan, that’ll probably have major delays. Depending on how long they remain closed for it could be Easter next year, but I would expect it to be pushed back until late next year. Which could mean Trident will be pushed back again to either Summer 2021 or Easter 2022.

• Like 1

theres been a fair bit of work done or vortex in the last 4 weeks and where leviathan is going, doesn't really look like their slowing down much at all really. They have a dam good excuse to cancel a lot of it yet it does appear to be piles of timber in the carpark altho I am going off the picture as dam covid-19 won't let me outta the house. Apparently staff have been advised not to expect the parks to be open till at least July 31st

• Like 1

• Gazza locked this topic